Darius Jackson Available

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It may be time for an ex Commander to hit the road, jack.

Yes, because Jackson has proven that he belongs on an NFL roster.

I'm all for replacing Morris. I'm even OK with bringing back Jackson when he's healthy. I don't necessarily see his second stint with the Cowboys ending any better than his first.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
if we pick him up and IR him, does he get 1 year of service in IR?
we can't IR him at all right now and he can't pass a physical which is why he was waived/injured.
so CLE is paying him some money to go away.
eventually some team that doesn't have 3 quality NFL RBs will sign him if he is healthy enough to even play this season.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Why would Dallas sign a running back who is currently injured to compete for a roster spot? Lets bring back Matt China Doll Johnson back as well while we're at it and have him take Byron Jones spot.

This post makes way too much sense to get any likes. I'll give you one, anyway. :thumbup:

waldoputty

Reaction score
we can't IR him at all right now and he can't pass a physical which is why he was waived/injured.
so CLE is paying him some money to go away.
eventually some team that doesn't have 3 quality NFL RBs will sign him if he is healthy enough to even play this season.

i dont mean IR him now.
we could pick him up and IR him before season starts
that effectively stashes him for later this season or next season when we only have zeke under contract.
only 1 spot out of 90...
assuming he does not need microfracture surgery of course

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gotcha. I would like to know the severity, he looked like a good player in training camp/preseason.

I dug around too and couldn't find anything. Not even a mention of anything with missed time before this news.

I can only think that it just happened, it's bad, and they quickly signed a replacement or that it's not anything serious at all and they just liked the new guy better.

But I'd like to know what the real story is. If it wasn't serious, I'd want him back.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
i dont mean IR him now.
we could pick him up and IR him before season starts
that effectively stashes him for later this season or next season when we only have zeke under contract.
only 1 spot out of 90...
assuming he does not need microfracture surgery of course
PUP or NFI would be the designation before camp but it still requires a roster spot on the current 90 man roster.

waldoputty

Reaction score
PUP or NFI would be the designation before camp but it still requires a roster spot on the current 90 man roster.

right - 90 spots and we have plenty of fodder.
only 3 RB and a midget RB who runs a 4.67 as 'backup' in case of injury.
we also only have 1 RB on contract next year.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I dug around too and couldn't find anything. Not even a mention of anything with missed time before this news.

I can only think that it just happened, it's bad, and they quickly signed a replacement or that it's not anything serious at all and they just liked the new guy better.

But I'd like to know what the real story is. If it wasn't serious, I'd want him back.
I think it is a non-injury CYA designation

If he can't pass a physical then it is an easy pass

FYI Christine Michael got signed by the Colts today....... he has more jerseys than yards I think

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
right - 90 spots and we have plenty of fodder.
only 3 RB and a midget RB who runs a 4.67 as 'backup' in case of injury.
we also only have 1 RB on contract next year.
we cut him to keep these other backs.
nothing has changed.
some other scrub will look great in preseason then we will cut him too.