Darnell Savage

Carson

Reaction score
Savage is going top 40. So he cannot be that bad lol

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Who said that.
Just an assumption based off the fact that he was absent from their pre-draft visitor list.

He checks off the boxes of being versatile (can play nickel CB/FS/SS), testing well (4.3), highly productive in college, and was a team captain. This team is usually really transparent about who they like, so it's mindblowing that we haven't heard more interest out of the Cowboys.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just an assumption based off the fact that he was absent from their pre-draft visitor list.

He checks off the boxes of being versatile (can play nickel CB/FS/SS), testing well (4.3), highly productive in college, and was a team captain. This team is usually really transparent about who they like, so it's mindblowing that we haven't heard more interest out of the Cowboys.
Not only that, but I haven't heard of any interest whatsoever

Mr_437

Reaction score

Not only that, but I haven't heard of any interest whatsoever
Only hope is they really like him and are keeping it airtight.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I think they had him in for a private workout...

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Only hope is they really like him and are keeping it airtight.
Maybe they haven’t brought him in because they know everything they need to know and already like him. But then again, I kept saying the same thing for Desmond King.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Maybe they haven’t brought him in because they know everything they need to know and already like him. But then again, I kept saying the same thing for Desmond King.
Who knows...
King is doing well, I wanted them to get him too.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes, team's don't use visits on some players that are on their draft board. If a player meets these conditions, he might not get a visit invite:
1. Player doesn't have many questions marks.
2. Player is a medium probability of being drafted by the team.

I think Savage is likely on their draft board but they don't expect the draft to progress such that he would end up being the pick. The Cowboys and other teams do their own mock draft simulations to get an estimate if where they think players will get drafted.

Stephen specifically said one year that they had equal ratings on a DE and CB but they thought the DEs they liked would all be gone by their next pick; whereas, they thought some CBs they liked might make it to their next pick; therefore they took the DE. It turned out that CB made it all the way to their next pick and they ended up with both players.

Note: Some players that visit will get removed or moved way down the draft board after the visit. Broaddus and crew claims that happened with the DT Willis.

Despite their history of drafting players that visit, I think the Cowboys still might try to hide their intentions on a player or two that they really love but are hoping falls to them.

I'm thinking that they didn't have Paxton Lynch in for a visit that year; although after the draft it was obvious they had a relatively high grade on him. I need to look it up to verify now that I've said it.

We could look at the years where their draft board was "leaked" and compare to the pre-draft visits. I'm certain there will be a few that they almost drafted that were not pre-draft visits.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Yes, team's don't use visits on some players that are on their draft board. If a player meets these conditions, he might not get a visit invite:
1. Player doesn't have many questions marks.
2. Player is a medium probability of being drafted by the team.

They didn't have a visit with Jourdan Lewis either, they had good insight on him and his situation through contacts on the Michigan coaching staff. They did have Taco in for a visit because he was rated as a first rounder, but not Lewis.