Darnell Savage

cnuball21

Reaction score
Darnell Savage: 5-11/198

Earl Thomas: 5-10/202

Savage is too small FYI.

And how often has ET been injured the last few years?

The size concerns are legit, and he also is not a good tackler.

I like Savage, but see better options at 58.

Johnny23

Reaction score

Bro... The last couple years not withstanding ET and Ed Reed are the best two safeties in the NFL the last decade +.

The Realist

Reaction score

They were so concerned about ET’s size and injury history they tried to trade for him. Tyron Smith has had his share of injuries as well. Guess he’s undersized.

Mr_437

Reaction score

Abram - 5'11 205
Thornhill - 6'0 205
CBJ - 5'11 210
Adderly - 6'0 206
Rapp - 6'0 208
Savage - 5'11 198
The difference in being a possible injury risk type player (small player) compared to others who are not considered a risk is 1 inch of height and 7-10 lbs. Keep in mind these Ss have to tackle RBs who outweigh them by 20lbs in some cases (Zeke), TEs by 40lbs, so all these guys are injury risk then.

X. Woods was 5'11 197 at the combine. Two years in the league now he's 5'11 205 same size as Abram, Adderly, Thornhill and a buffet away from Rapp. Savage can add weight easy, can be same size as Abram by training camp.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Abram - 5'11 205
Thornhill - 6'0 205
CBJ - 5'11 210
Adderly - 6'0 206
Rapp - 6'0 208
Savage - 5'11 198
The difference in being a possible injury risk type player (small player) compared to others who are not considered a risk is 1 inch of height and 7-10 lbs. Keep in mind these Ss have to tackle RBs who outweigh them by 20lbs in some cases (Zeke), TEs by 40lbs, so all these guys are injury risk then.

X. Woods was 5'11 197 at the combine. Two years in the league now he's 5'11 205 same size as Abram, Adderly, Thornhill and a buffet away from Rapp. Savage can add weight easy, can be same size as Abram by training camp.

Yep, Just a couple of biscuits away.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Bro... The last couple years not withstanding ET and Ed Reed are the best two safeties in the NFL the last decade +.

I agree, my concerns are more so aimed at Savage.

That being said ET has missed a lorn of times the last few years.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I agree, my concerns are more so aimed at Savage.

That being said ET has missed a lorn of times the last few years.
Agreed, I look at Savage as an slot corner/situational FS(Nickle,Dime,Quarters).... I am interested in seeing home Thomas does in Baltimore this year.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Abram - 5'11 205
Thornhill - 6'0 205
CBJ - 5'11 210
Adderly - 6'0 206
Rapp - 6'0 208
Savage - 5'11 198

I’d also add that Savage is arguably the only player on the list where the scouting report reads the size as a concern.

It’s very possible he’d could’ve added weight going into the combine.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I’d also add that Savage is arguably the only player on the list where the scouting report reads the size as a concern.

It’s very possible he’d could’ve added weight going into the combine.
Why would they add that? Did they site a reason?

Maybe his violent style like Bob Sanders?

Running a 4.3 at 198 lbs means Savage can get up to 205 and at the very least run a low 4.4. If his size is a concern he can get on a plan like RG, Conner Williams, Shultz and other guys who needed to gain around 10 lbs of muscle. Just interesting scouts would single Savage out.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Savage is getting some buzz for the 1st. Might all be a moot point whether he fits or not.

Judging how we have apparently talked to all the top safeties except him and Nasir Adderley, there is good chance there is either a fit issue or they just don't think he will be around.