Daron Payne DT from Commanders signed 90 million for 4 years. 60 million guaranteed

Desperado

Reaction score
Well, when your entire QB room costs less than $10M, you have room to afford a few luxuries, I suppose.

stinkface

Reaction score
Let's get real. We haven't paid big money for a free agent for over 10 years. PS. We like our guys.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I mean I get the player but trying to have two big money defensive tackles and win hasn’t been done. They’re trying to win a way that hasn’t been proven
Just my thoughts, but i feel they are only a Decent QB away from being a contender. IF (and it's a big if with that team) they actually planned on upgrading from Sam Howell then locking up Payne would be a good move to keep that defense strong

ghst187

Reaction score
Hmpf…..we got Hankins for a couple mil….total facial Washington!

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good move by them I believe. They’ve fallen short at QB but the rest of the on-field priorities seem good. There’s no excuse though for not swinging big at QB. Their roster is ready for it. Glad they seem to have that blind spot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just my thoughts, but i feel they are only a Decent QB away from being a contender. IF (and it's a big if with that team) they actually planned on upgrading from Sam Howell then locking up Payne would be a good move to keep that defense strong
Oh if they are a player away I’d agree.

JayFord

Reaction score
it was 0 chance that we would land him and 0 chance washington gives him up

idk what they do going forward they may have to part with a part of that D Line to make a groundbreaking move to get them relevant again

JayFord

Reaction score
Good move by them I believe. They’ve fallen short at QB but the rest of the on-field priorities seem good. There’s no excuse though for not swinging big at QB. Their roster is ready for it. Glad they seem to have that blind spot.
they'll swing for it and may even connect but because its Washington they'll still end up outside of the playoffs

gtb1943

Reaction score
I mean I get the player but trying to have two big money defensive tackles and win hasn’t been done. They’re trying to win a way that hasn’t been proven.
In the salary cap era.

Before that time YES is was proven. Two top DTs in the middle anchored a lot of championship teams.

Lilly and Pugh along with Cole.

in the 90's we had a rotation at DT that was the best in the league led by Leon Lett and Russel Maryland

Going further back were the Fearsome Foursome of the LA Rams

The Steelers had two excellent DTs

The Purple People Eaters

I could go on but near all star D Lines were common amongst contenders

Look at ours in 1980:
Martin, Manster, Dutton, Too Tall

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In the salary cap era.

Before that time YES is was proven. Two top DTs in the middle anchored a lot of championship teams.

Lilly and Pugh along with Cole.

in the 90's we had a rotation at DT that was the best in the league led by Leon Lett and Russel Maryland

Going further back were the Fearsome Foursome of the LA Rams

The Steelers had two excellent DTs

The Purple People Eaters

I could go on but near all star D Lines were common amongst contenders

Look at ours in 1980:
Martin, Manster, Dutton, Too Tall
I’m talking strictly salary cap era.

JayFord

Reaction score
I mean if they want to be competitive im talking 11 wins or more and a playoff win (they havent won more than 10 games in a season since 1991 and havent won a playoff game in 18 seasons) then they may need to part with Young or Sweat and a draft pick for a proven QB

but then again this is washington, they are just as snakebit as the Lions