Darren McFadden highlight video...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
He's a really big, powerful, fast, uphill runner. He's great at what he does.

But I'd like to see a little more lateral agility out of him in 2007. It'll be fun to watch, cause we might just have a realistic chance at getting him.

sackattack

Reaction score
Cleveland better be real bad!

I agreeabout the lateral agility, the Pros are faster he just will not be able to out run everyone

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Spectre;1476705 said:
What do you suppose that 40 time will be?

I don't know, but nowhere in that video did I see anyone chase him down. Even when I thought someone had an angle on him, he blew past them.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Wow, it took to the 2:00 minute mark of that video before someone finally tackled him.

He has some serious breakaway speed.

Spectre

Reaction score
looks like a WR.

like Tatum Bell did in college... only much, much better.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Danny White;1476748 said:
Wow, it took to the 2:00 minute mark of that video before someone finally tackled him.

He has some serious breakaway speed.
And the power to run through brick wallls.

suspenceman

Jerry's kid
Reaction score
Being that i attened the University of Arkansas, i'll give you my report on him. He's faster'n than anything..but he has two moves...straight up the middle in a huge hole, and then swing wide to a huge hole..and haul turf. he really needs to work on shiftyness, otherwise i really dont believe he's an every down back in the NFL.
i'm also apart of the athletic program there, and i have seen him and Chris Houston work out...its ridiculous. Mainly Chris Houston, i believe he's the strongest guy pound for pound ever to attend the UofA.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;1476717 said:

But I'd like to see a little more lateral agility out of him in 2007. It'll be fun to watch, cause we might just have a realistic chance at getting him.

Don't you mean "Downhill" runner?

Reaction score
theogt;1476717 said:

Do you have lateral agility? :lmao:

This guy's a mix between O.J. and Eric Dickerson!

Spectre

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1476977 said:
Do you have lateral agility? :lmao:

This guy's a mix between O.J. and Eric Dickerson!
he's a goggles wearing murderer at large?

Reaction score
Spectre;1476988 said:
he's a goggles wearing murderer at large?

Hey as the late great Johnnie Cochran said... " If the glove don't fit you must acquit"... O.J. wasn't found guilty of anything in criminal court.

adamknite

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1476996 said:
Hey as the late great Johnnie Cochran said... " If the glove don't fit you must acquit"... O.J. wasn't found guilty of anything in criminal court.

Lets not go down that path of discussion.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;1476998 said:
Yes. It's late. Sue me.

No excuses. I didn't sleep at all last night and I cuuahgt it....zzzzzzzzz....

Huh?! Oh yeah, and it's 3:30 am now and I still haven't slept. It's been about 38 hours no since I've slept.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Rack;1477036 said:
No excuses. I didn't sleep at all last night and I cuuahgt it....zzzzzzzzz....

Huh?! Oh yeah, and it's 3:30 am now and I still haven't slept. It's been about 38 hours no since I've slept.

What is sleep again? LOL

Well, what stands out about Darren is just speed and vision, he blows up the angles that DBs take on him once he gets to the second level. Say what you want about others competition, but the SEC is tough and the boy rarely gets touched really and never seems to get hit head on. In contrast, you see Adrian Peterson bouncing off of people and having huge amounts of balance and power, but taking a beating.

Darren is totally different. If you are moving at a LB faster than he ever sees, you need less lateral movement, ala Eric Dickerson. Darren has a top gear that few have, sure his 40 will probably be around 4.4, but that doesn't tell the story. He does have a top gear that doesn't show up in the 40 as easy, its football speed, something that is apparent in the games he plays.

Will he be he next great one?? Who knows at this point, his team will be weaker this year with a harder schedule, so it will truly be a test as to whether he is a great one or just another back.