Video: Darren Woodson: "Players/Coaches trust Dak more than they ever did Romo"

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak has three years of experience. Two of those years Dak has under preformed. I don't know why he was as good as he was the other year. A team built for Tony? I think Tony's career was magical in a lot of ways. I haven't seen anything magical from Dak.

2016, the theory among many was that Dak wasn't figured out yet by defensive quarterbacks. Gimmicks take the NFL by storm for a year or two before they are neutralized and usually never heard from again. There are plenty of example. The 4-6 defense took the NFL by storm and seemed unstoppable, until the west coast offense made it a bad defense to run. Chip Kelly took the league by storm, dubbed the mad scientist by some, until his style of offense was complete figured out. RGIII. Kaeprenick. Dak. It's like I said that Dak did look to have the "IT" factor in 2016. But I personally haven't witness anything I would call the "IT" factor since. I keep looking, hoping that Dak can regain some of his magic, but he really hasn't. Also the leadership thing, I heard and thought it to be true in 2016. But the thing to wonder here is, well 2016 blew everyone away so much that people are still judging him on that one year alone and can't seem to let it go. Is the leadership thing one of those left over things from 2016? I mean I haven't exactly seen anything this year to make me think that he is a great leader either. Usually with a great quarterback you see them sometimes carrying the team. But I feel like Zeek, Coop and the D have Carried Dak sometimes this season. How is that leadership? Where is the leadership? Are team mates saying he is a great leader because of 2016?

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Dak has three years of experience. Two of those years Dak has under preformed. I don't know why he was as good as he was the other year. A team built for Tony? I think Tony's career was magical in a lot of ways. I haven't seen anything magical from Dak.
If Dak underperformed then tony shouldn’t even be 3rd string

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
That's also a fallacy. The proof is in the indisputable tape posted all over youtube and other various media outlets. I don't need to quote every instance of someone pointing it out or a recording of him throwing an inopportune interception to know that the evidence exists and can't be dissproved. The narrative of him being a choker didn't formulate over night.

Tape is all you need. And it exists in abundance. I'll just refer to the multiple instances it is posted on cowboyszone and leave you to keep denying the obvious.
Apparently, you don't know what a logical fallacy is. Also, nebulously referring me to some videos that exist somewhere on the Internet doesn't prove the "choker" label. Every QB has thrown interceptions with the game on the line. Every QB has failed to "make plays" when they had to. By such an unspecific definition of "choked", every QB that has failed to win a game has "choked", and by extension, every QB that has failed to win a SB has "choked".

Regardless, I'll repeat my assertion. None of those alleged videos that you refer to - if they even exist - likely have a definition of what a "a choker" is. None of these likely ever show how Tony Romo "choked" more than other QBs in such situations.

Blake

Reaction score
Apparently, you don't know what a logical fallacy is. Also, nebulously referring me to some videos that exist somewhere on the Internet doesn't prove the "choker" label. Every QB has thrown interceptions with the game on the line. Every QB has failed to "make plays" when they had to. By such an unspecific definition of "choked", every QB that has failed to win a game has "choked", and by extension, every QB that has failed to win a SB has "choked".

Regardless, I'll repeat my assertion. None of those alleged videos that you refer to - if they even exist - likely have a definition of what a "a choker" is. None of these likely ever show how Tony Romo "choked" more than other QBs in such situations.

Your incessant diatribe isn't going to get Romo any closer to the HOF.

And yes, saying "No one" says this, or "no one" does that is another form of appealing to the bandwagon/majority. It's a useless premise. You can deny the evidence exists, but it's what is going to keep Romo out of the HOF and makes him a lesser QB than Eli.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Your incessant diatribe isn't going to get Romo any closer to the HOF.

And yes, saying "No one" says this, or "no one" does that is another form of appealing to the bandwagon/majority. It's a useless premise. You can deny the evidence exists, but it's what is going to keep Romo out of the HOF and makes him a lesser QB than Eli.
What the hell does the HOF have to do with anything? It has absolutely nothing to do with the "choker" label. That's exactly what I mean about a red herring.

And no, saying "no one" has shown something is not appealing to the bandwagon at all. It is not a non-popular opinion that Romo was a choker. It is actually quite a popular opinion, especially among non-Cowboys fan. What I said was just an assertion that would be easy to disprove by just pointing to a single instance of evidence where someone defines what it means to be "choker" and how Tony Romo has "choked" more than other QBs such that he is deserving of such a definition.

Blake

Reaction score
What the hell does the HOF have to do with anything? It has absolutely nothing to do with the "choker" label. That's exactly what I mean about a red herring.

And no, saying "no one" has shown something is not appealing to the bandwagon at all. It is not a non-popular opinion that Romo was a choker. It is actually quite a popular opinion, especially among non-Cowboys fan. What I said was just an assertion that's easy to disprove by pointing to a single instance of evidence where someone defines what it means to be "choker" and how Tony Romo has "choked" more than other QBs.

I know it breaks your heart but your bae wasn't that great, sorry. Good? Sure. Really good? Ok. But great like Marino, Archie, and Fouts?! NOPE

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I know it breaks your heart but your bae wasn't that great, sorry. Good? Sure. Really good? Ok. But great like Marino, Archie, and Fouts?! NOPE
:laugh:

Again with the red herrings. Now Romo is my "bae" in addition to invisible claims of being some implied HOFamer and a "great". None of these things have to do with showing how he is a "choker".

Blake

Reaction score
:laugh:

Again with the red herrings. Now Romo is my "bae" in addition to being some invisible claim that he's a HOFamer and great. None of these things have to do with showing how he is a "choker".

As much as you're defending his honor in the midst of a live game pretty much says it.

InTheZone

Reaction score
what else would the team say? Dak we thought you could be the guy but clearly you've regressed. You'll remain our starter until we can find a replacement?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
:hammer: just another example of a mediot trying to spin a narrative that isn't true.

I wouldn’t say mediot, he’s just a fan. There are people here who think the same and they aren’t media.

Gator88

Reaction score
You are not seriously comparing Dak and Tebow as QBs are you? That is a lazy, uniformed, ignorant comparison if you are...
It's closer than people make it out to be, but no. Just pointing out that those traits don't mean that much.

I wouldn’t say mediot, he’s just a fan. There are people here who think the same and they aren’t media.
That's fair, I was probably being too harsh on Woody.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Who's better? Does it really matter? TR is gone, and unfortunately we as fans have to watch #4 QB this team.

I do know this, if #9 had been able to QB a team that had this good of a defense there would have been some pretty good times for us Cowboys fans during his career.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I respect Woodson more than many. I was at the game when he broke the all time tackle record. But honestly, he has no idea because he's not in the locker room.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Players don't need to "trust" a quarterback. The only people who need to trust a quarterback are the coaches.

A quarterback needs to trust the players around him, but not the other way around.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
They trust Dak to play within the confines of the system. I believe it.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It's closer than people make it out to be, but no. Just pointing out that those traits don't mean that much

No— it’s not close at all. Not in yards. Not in completion %. Not in TDs. Not in QBR. Not in any statistical category of any relevance.

Little Jr

Reaction score
"Dak...something about the It factor"

"Dak..a leader"

"Dak..not the pocket passer that Romo is"

"Romo''' had a select click and was the leader of a select few"

"from a passer perspective Romo better"

"from a leader perspective Dak is a leader of men"

"Romo's story is about him, Dak's is about the team"

I'll add one other. Romo reached deity-like status after he retired. Prior to 2015 the love/hate relationship and incessant media rants were AS strong for Romo the QB as it is for Prescott the QB.

I agree and fans too. I never saw the defense for Romo at this level while he was playing. He's become legend since he's retired.