Darren Woodson snubbed again

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Once again, the HOF voters did not put Woodson in the HOF. Leading tackler (still) on the Cowboys, despite all the great players like Lilly, etc. who had long careers for the Cowboys. 5-time Pro Bowler, including 3-time first team All Pro. Played in 162 of 178 games.

He might never make it, Cowboys players generally have to be not only great players, they have to be like the top 1% to get in. Be a 10 time Pro Bowler, or be on 3 SB winning teams, etc. Took Drew Pearson crying on national television to get in, probably many of the votes he got to get in were sympathy votes, the "Oh, poor guy, he's so heartbroken, we feel bad for him so let's vote him in", rather than voting him in years ago when he so richly deserved it for his play alone.

But that's okay Darren, we know you're a HOF player even if the voters don't think so.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The voters have an anti-Jerry thing. Thats why. Its not anti-Dallas really. Its Jerry. He is a dysfunctional sideshow, and it really hurts in the voting for these things. It sucks but that is what it is. Woody deserves better and has earned being in the Hall.

1942willys

Reaction score
The voters have an anti-Jerry thing. Thats why. Its not anti-Dallas really. Its Jerry. He is a dysfunctional sideshow, and it really hurts in the voting for these things. It sucks but that is what it is. Woody deserves better and has earned being in the Hall.
I think you have a point. Would not surprise me.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yep. Compare his stats/accomplishments with Lynch, for one example, and there’s no argument.

Anti-Cowboys bias is real. (With the sportswriters , league, and refs)
the media kisses Lynches arse every chance they get, and they never bring up Woodson in the same breath. Its shady as hell. To show how terrible the voting is , there are many Cowboys that should be in the hall. Thats how dang well the team drafted from its inception to today. Incredibly great they were at it. Cutting edge really. Lee Roy Jordan, Too Tall, Don Meredith, Everson Walls. For me, Walls needs to be inducted in 2025. The snub is so egregious. The man was a true cover corner, elite. Didn't have the fanfare or the speed, but the instincts were off the scale. Football IQ was high level stuff. Same is true with Woody. For a safety thats a great compliment. Again, its a Jerry Jones problem, not a Dallas problem per say. Yes, the bias is real...and its a travesty to the players who bled for the team.

shabazz

Reaction score
They've been claiming that Woods not being named to the All Decade team has been holding him back but his stats are similar to John Lynch that was never voted All Decade either . And I believe Woods has 4 more Pro Bowls than Lynch.

I'm not taking anything away from John and believe he deserves to be in it but it makes the case that Woody should be along side of him with that jacket too.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
There have literally been 5 Cowboys inducted in the previous 4 HOF classes and victimization is still the order of the day. Stay persecuted my friends. Lol.

Rayman70

Reaction score
There have literally been 5 Cowboys inducted in the previous 4 HOF classes and victimization is still the order of the day. Stay persecuted my friends. Lol.
thats not the point and its mixing up the issue. It doesn't matter how many Cowboys got in, it should have been a few more and its not even debatable. Is there a Dallas "cap" when they vote? A limit? It should have been 8 instead of just 5. What if the victim card is real in this case? Just sayin.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the love hate thing is real pertaining to what the feeling is with the fans,media and the league heads...ie the voters. When talking about Jerry Jones. The voting process is corrupt.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Pearson crying made me lose some respect for him, like come on bro. He was like a kid pouting
That depends on whether or not the crying was real. I think it was, he had been very calm about it for literally decades. It finally got to him; I believe.

But I respect your view....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Howley, Harris and Pearson were all voted in by the veterans committee, far, far later than they should have been. Sort of like a backhanded compliment.

The current voters have, and continue, to ignore Cowboys like Woodson. Even Jimmy had to wait over 20 years to get in. He did nothing, NFL-wise, during that time. No coaching, scouting, consulting, etc. If he's deserving of the HOF election, why did it take so long?

There's no way to prove an anti-Cowboys bias, of course, unless some voter or voters either admit it or accidentally blurt it out. There's not that many voters, if someone did blab, they'd probably be kicked off the committee, and those who aren't biased can do better by attempting to convince other voters rather than publicly "outing" them.