Darren Woodson snubbed again

1942willys

Reaction score
Agreed. My point being that the Bears and Packers are both much older franchises than the Cowboys. That, to me, explains their numbers.
Accepting that the Modern NFL started in 1932, Those old teams have 28 years more history but since we now have 63, the gap is not that great and as the years go by the percentage of that gap gets less and less. Overall, the Packers probably deserve the most since they were perennial contenders from 32-44, 59-67, with the only huge gap from there until the 90's and from then on until now they have been there. The Bears were the Monsters of the Midway from 32-50, but after that only have brief periods of contending; until the Ditka years. After that there have been brief periods where they were relevant but not often and not for very long.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Once again, the HOF voters did not put Woodson in the HOF. Leading tackler (still) on the Cowboys, despite all the great players like Lilly, etc. who had long careers for the Cowboys. 5-time Pro Bowler, including 3-time first team All Pro. Played in 162 of 178 games.

He might never make it, Cowboys players generally have to be not only great players, they have to be like the top 1% to get in. Be a 10 time Pro Bowler, or be on 3 SB winning teams, etc. Took Drew Pearson crying on national television to get in, probably many of the votes he got to get in were sympathy votes, the "Oh, poor guy, he's so heartbroken, we feel bad for him so let's vote him in", rather than voting him in years ago when he so richly deserved it for his play alone.

But that's okay Darren, we know you're a HOF player even if the voters don't think so.
this is what happens when you go 28 year drought...even players deserving get snubbed

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Forget about your halo for a moment and answer this question. Does Woodson deserve to be in the HOF?
No. I don't think he does. Solid, solid player. Durable and did his job well. But not enough impact plays for in big time playoff games or regular season, IMO. The real telling part of this thread is that only a single poster even mentioned Rodney Harrison who's also up for the Hall and didn't get in this year. But to bring him up would be admitting there's a clearly more deserving safety and thus you can't claim bias/victim, so just ignore that part. My standard is not the Hall of Very Good, and Woodson was very good. Not an all-time great though. But the way of the world nowadays is to just call what you don't want to accept "fake news" or claim conspiracy when you're denied something after giving it the ol' college try instead of dusting yourself off and figuring out how to give it a better try.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
No. I don't think he does. Solid, solid player. Durable and did his job well. But not enough impact plays for in big time playoff games or regular season, IMO. The real telling part of this thread is that only a single poster even mentioned Rodney Harrison who's also up for the Hall and didn't get in this year. But to bring him up would be admitting there's a clearly more deserving safety and thus you can't claim bias/victim, so just ignore that part. My standard is not the Hall of Very Good, and Woodson was very good. Not an all-time great though. But the way of the world nowadays is to just call what you don't want to accept "fake news" or claim conspiracy when you're denied something after giving it the ol' college try instead of dusting yourself off and figuring out how to give it a better try.
Why is John Lynch in? I'd take a prime Woodson over Lynch, and their stats are very comparable.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Why is John Lynch in? I'd take a prime Woodson over Lynch, and their stats are very comparable.
Lynch did it longer and I saw more impact plays out of him than I did Woodson. More total All-Pros (4-3), more Pro Bowls (9-5) over a longer period of time.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not spouting conspiracy or fake news; just wanted your honest non-biased opinion.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Woodson paying the price for being affiliated with the new generation of chokers. These new beat writers not even old enough to remember the 90’s dominance, much less the 70’s.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Good take. Disagree, but respect the take.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s a crime Darren Woodson isn’t already in. Just ridiculous.