Video: Dave Helman spells it out why there are so many Cowboys Haters

Rayman70

Reaction score
That's it it's theater, these are scripted opinion shows produced to entertain not inform. The problem is too many of of the public listen to opinion shows and take them as facts. These hosts aren't breaking down tape, analyzing matchups, studying strategies, they give a scripted opinion that they may or may not even agree with, like an actor would based on provocative narratives. These type of sports opinion shows are not sports news the same way professional wrestling is not really a combat sport.
100%. They are actors and we are watching a show. They even call it a show. They are telling us if we would just pay attention to detail. Then again, I don't watch.

Rayman70

Reaction score
R.31459113bb9ca230f23508cba4b6e421

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Like all journalism, it's become complete trash. Clickbait and it's working on the braindead who watch them rant every week.
All of them, it's a soap opera, drama show.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's it it's theater, these are scripted opinion shows produced to entertain not inform. The problem is too many of of the public listen to opinion shows and take them as facts. These hosts aren't breaking down tape, analyzing matchups, studying strategies, they give a scripted opinion that they may or may not even agree with, like an actor would based on provocative narratives. These type of sports opinion shows are not sports news the same way professional wrestling is not really a combat sport.
Maybe they will begin wearing masks and capes, standing on chairs, and coming to blows.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Like all journalism, it's become complete trash. Clickbait and it's working on the braindead who watch them rant every week.
All of them, it's a soap opera, drama show.
yep. You could put them all written down on paper, drop them in a hat, then pick one name, and you wouldn't be wrong. They are all the same ilk, just packaged a bit different. Any genre of "journalism" Guys like Mike Fisher TRIES but in the end, succumbs to being a "profit" not to mention a jerk. He is the same as the shows he complains about because in the end, he wants clicks, he wants your money and so bad needs you to make him relevant. Hes a media ***** . Its just his propaganda and narrative...ie opinion. Not 1 fact. No, hes not "in the room" like he says. Same with Skip. He might be in the next room over, but 0 way that guy knows anything groundbreaking with Dallas. If Jerry needs a phony story , THEN he calls Mike and his kin to distract us with. The Amari Cooper thing for example. Ill leave it right there.

Jarntt

Reaction score
He’s right. :popcorn:

Especially like the SAS jab. Does any other team have their #1 show host wear a hat against an NFL team?

McCoy kept reaching and coming up empty. What a dope. And all he did was prove the point Helman made in the first place. The Cowboys are always on everyone's mind. If the Cowboys were going thru what the Eagles were right now it would be all that was discussed for the entire show. That whole show just kills Dak every time he doesn't play well and then crickets when he is playing like the best QB in the league for a stretch. They would never have those conversations about another QB like Hurts who is just playing like absolute trash right now and threw away his teams chance to win more than once Monday night. I mean is there another NFL board who would have so many members pretending to be Cowboy fans but who are really fans of another team? It's just a complete obsession.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's already happened, pretty sure after the Cowboys/Eagles game one of them had someone dressed as the Grim Reaper on the set. These are basically the sports versions of Jerry Springer.
I saw that. At least it was more interesting than the predictable BS we see.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
The look on McCoy's face and the tone in his voice says, "If I was a Cowboy, I would have been talked about as a top 10 back of all-time".

While looking jealous as hell, he's basically supporting Helman's case without knowing it. Many of us H-burg natives don't claim Shady as one of ours. What a freakin' clown.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cowboys, Lakers, Yankees, Manchester United, Jeff Gordon, John McEnroe......

Some just draw equal love and hate.
you went Jeff Gordon on us. I luv the comparison. Thats exactly it. But for me, I view this team like Richard Petty, once a juggernaut but the last few years of his career was just a brand name, fair to middling...but his brand was thru the roof sales wise. Still is. Thats Dallas. Yes, many hated Richard Petty too. For the same reasons they hated Gordon and Dallas & Jerry. Much of it is pure driven jealousy.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares? It’s not like it’s up for a vote and persuasive arguments can be made.