Twitter: David Irving trying to get reinstated

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I don't know if Irving can still play, or is even in shape- but he was an absolutely game changing player when he was playing. A disruptive playmaker. DL is perhaps the second most important spot after QB. Why not bring him into training camp for a few days, and see where his head and body are at? Nothing to lose, and a lot to gain. No draft pick required. Can always cut him after a week...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I don't know if Irving can still play, or is even in shape- but he was an absolutely game changing player when he was playing. A disruptive playmaker. DL is perhaps the second most important spot after QB. Why not bring him into training camp for a few days, and see where his head and body are at? Nothing to lose, and a lot to gain. No draft pick required. Can always cut him after a week...
If he'll even come here. Maybe.

KDM256

Reaction score
I know this may sound weird to you all but believe it or not, there are a bunch of David Irving playing in the NFL at this very moment. Some get caught while others don't.

If he can be disruptive in the backfield and collapse the pocket, sign the kid on a prove it deal and lets go from there.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I know this may sound weird to you all but believe it or not, there are a bunch of David Irving playing in the NFL at this very moment. Some get caught while others don't.

If he can be disruptive in the backfield and collapse the pocket, sign the kid on a prove it deal and lets go from there.
You are ignoring the fact that he already quit on the team and so they washed their hands of him. No longer own his rights. They aren't going near him after that.

joseephuss

Reaction score

Only the irresponsible ones or dumb ones get caught multiple times. The NFL makes it easy to pass their drug tests, so when someone fails it says something about them. It really says something if they fail test after test.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And now he'll be back. Took some time off tried to get into business for himself. I'll never hate on a man trying to do what he feels is best for him and his family without breaking the law or hurting others to do so. Once weed is legal in this country we can go back to healing communities that have been ravaged by Reagan's war on drugs.

And he'll be back, and still be a moron who makes poor decisions...

You know, like returning to football, despite crying on camera about his concussions and black outs that caused him to crash his car. Or when the knucklehead got dismissed in college because he destroyed public property....

Once a moron, always a moron. He's a moron with little to no self-control. Let him fall into irrelevancy where he belongs.

5348446b6848c.image.jpg

KDM256

Reaction score
I can't speak on David Irving in regards to why he chose the path he went when it came to drug testing? Maybe he wanted to buck the system since being tested for a plant that's pretty much acceptable across half the states in the United States and felt incline to prove a point by potentially sacrificing his career.

I don't feel like the NFL make it easy to pass their drug test either, I remember James Harrison (Steelers) said he was tested 3 times in 3 months in one offseason because of his workout videos of him heavy lifting.

Once you're in the system for testing positive of anything, appears the league is going to try the best to drop the hammer on you as a result.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You are ignoring the fact that he already quit on the team and so they washed their hands of him. No longer own his rights. They aren't going near him after that.
I hope you feel the same way about witten.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
And he'll be back, and still be a moron who makes poor decisions...

You know, like returning to football, despite crying on camera about his concussions and black outs that caused him to crash his car. Or when the knucklehead got dismissed in college because he destroyed public property....

Once a moron, always a moron. He's a moron with little to no self-control. Let him fall into irrelevancy where he belongs.

5348446b6848c.image.jpg
You might be the biggest cornball i've ever spoken tbh

kskboys

Reaction score
I can't speak on David Irving in regards to why he chose the path he went when it came to drug testing? Maybe he wanted to buck the system since being tested for a plant that's pretty much acceptable across half the states in the United States and felt incline to prove a point by potentially sacrificing his career.

I don't feel like the NFL make it easy to pass their drug test either, I remember James Harrison (Steelers) said he was tested 3 times in 3 months in one offseason because of his workout videos of him heavy lifting.

Once you're in the system for testing positive of anything, appears the league is going to try the best to drop the hammer on you as a result.
They do.

Don't do drugs.

cowboyed

Reaction score

That avatar is priceless.

cowboyed

Reaction score
If Irving is brought in and earns his roster spot I wish the Cowboys and him the best. No doubt he is talented and a disruptive defensive player force on the field. However, I hope he doesn't go AWOL during the regular season.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Find a combat vet in your area and ask him.

Combat vet? What are you talking about? We're talking about David Irving wanting to play for the Cowboys, combat vets have nothing to do with this conversation, stick to the subject.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If Irving is brought in and earns his roster spot I wish the Cowboys and him the best. No doubt he is talented and a disruptive defensive player force on the field. However, I hope he doesn't go AWOL during the regular season.
Apparently the guy don’t like to practice. I hope MM tells him he has to practice to play. That’s if he is reinstated and we pick him up in the first place. And he still may have to pass a drug test.