Twitter: David Irving trying to get reinstated

RS12

Reaction score

Interesting twitter handle. I thought I heard that the offer the owners made was that the window to test for marijuana was only two weeks. The sad part is I dont think him or Gregory have the will power or desire to avoid it that long.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I am sure David has good qualities.
But the NFL is slightly bigger than you, lad.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You guys act like as if enjoying a weed habit is akin to becoming a full blown meth addict.

Yet I'm sure there are many very successful NFL players that get completely hammered on booze a couple times a week, even during the season.

If he wants to come back on a cheap contract, IMO he should be allowed a chance to prove he wants to play.

Exactly..

If they allow ganja and he wants to play football it’s a win win for both sides..

This is a high end player.. If he was some jag I would be against it but David Irving is incredible.

RS12

Reaction score
You guys act like as if enjoying a weed habit is akin to becoming a full blown meth addict.

I wouldnt say that. More like if you have between hundreds of thousands, up to millions on the line, most people would figure out a way to stay straight and on the field. And yes marijuana should have been legal though I dont partake myself.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
If the league is really easing up on mary jane, then throw David the Grass King a minimum contract with little to no guarantees.
He can backup whoever we sign in FA at DT.

Proof

Reaction score
Exactly..

If they allow ganja and he wants to play football it’s a win win for both sides..

This is a high end player.. If he was some jag I would be against it but David Irving is incredible.

Basically. He quit because he thought the league was hypocritical over weed. If they’re reversing their stance why the hell wouldn’t he come back? People are silly

Tussinman

Reaction score
I disagree.. He’s too talented.. If he wants to play he’s a huge addition to the team.
agreed.

People whine about him but these are the same people that will say we don't have enough draft capital and enough money to sign enough starters to fill all of our holes

It's like you run your mouths about how we have nine different starting positions not under contract for next year but then we'll complain that an affordable DT might show up to training camp and fight for a starting spot

movaughn88

Reaction score
Exactly..

Yup, that's just how this works, in any walk of life.

However I'm also reasonable and if he wants to come back as some spectacle and promote some weed website, send him home.

But remember when Ro McClain basically got off his couch after a bunch of time out of the league and was hitting guys like a mack truck?

Some of these dudes are just made of a different stuff than even other gifted NFL players, and I think Irving is one of those.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Of course. This is why the owners win every CBA. The reality is however, if there is one recent Cowboy, who if his head were screwed on straight, and was in shape, that the team could really use, it was this player.
Gregory?

You forgot him, bro.

Smoking affects memory man.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yup, that's just how this works, in any walk of life.

However I'm also reasonable and if he wants to come back as some spectacle and promote some weed website, send him home.

But remember when Ro McClain basically got off his couch after a bunch of time out of the league and was hitting guys like a mack truck?

Some of these dudes are just made of a different stuff than even other gifted NFL players, and I think Irving is one of those.

Yeah if things just go back to how they were before then he’s just too good to pass up on..

We are kinda desperate too at that position.

ESisback

Reaction score
DT—Billings or Shelton. Draft pick, Collins, Woods.
DE—Tank, Quinn, Armstrong, Jackson, Gregory

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course. This is why the owners win every CBA. The reality is however, if there is one recent Cowboy, who if his head were screwed on straight, and was in shape, that the team could really use, it was this player.
If he could unscrew his head from the South Pole...
Leopard's spots will never be stripes.