Twitter: David Irving Tweet' Suspension increase?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just play the freaking games the NFL plays, and go to the counseling, get it done, then wreak havoc on the QB's.

Sydla

Reaction score
Forget about character and RKGs and team culture. If this is true and Irving is getting an additional suspension for not following the league mandate issued on his original suspension, it brings up the question as to whether we just like to bring in stupid players.

Because you really have to wonder about some of these guys and their complete lack of self awareness, responsibility and just common sense.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Forget about character and RKGs and team culture. If this is true and Irving is getting an additional suspension for not following the league mandate issued on his original suspension, it brings up the question as to whether we just like to bring in stupid players.

Because you really have to wonder about some of these guys and their complete lack of self awareness, responsibility and just common sense.

It could also be that the Cowboys has implemented in keeping this players in check aren't working. Sure these people are adults and grownups. But they have never tasted success in their entire life before and now they have all this money and freedom - they just don't know what to do with it.

A little guidance and support from the team can help. The players don't know all the rules that handed out to them. Thats were the Cowboys FO need to communicate with them better.

JBS

Reaction score
It could also be that the Cowboys has implemented in keeping this players in check aren't working. Sure these people are adults and grownups. But they have never tasted success in their entire life before and now they have all this money and freedom - they just don't know what to do with it.

A little guidance and support from the team can help. The players don't know all the rules that handed out to them. Thats were the Cowboys FO need to communicate with them better.

There is no chance in hell this is what happened..you must be crazy

Sydla

Reaction score

The Cowboys seem to be more than adequate at providing support to these guys. I mean they have their own car service available to players 24/7 and yet some of our nitwits still drive drunk.

Another question would be, if this is true, who is Irving's agent? Shouldn't he be on top of Irving meeting the requirements of his suspension?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
There is no chance in hell this is what happened..you must be crazy

Why do you say that? Not saying that it did happen. I'm saying the Cowboys FO and his agents are responsible to getting the word out to him about stuff.

Do you work for the Cowboys FO?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Another question would be, if this is true, who is Irving's agent? Shouldn't he be on top of Irving meeting the requirements of his suspension?

Don't know who he is. He's absolutely doing a bad job if he didn't tell Irving about this. And should be fired.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why do you say that? Not saying that it did happen. I'm saying the Cowboys FO and his agents are responsible to getting the word out to him about stuff.

Do you work for the Cowboys FO?

He and his agent have primary responsibility here. Not the Cowboys FO. Remember, I believe the front offices aren't even initially notified of drug infractions, the players and agent are notified first. I seem to recall up here in Philly when Lane Johnson got his letter he failed a test, the Eagles FO wasn't even aware of it yet.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
The NFL is getting more ridiculous and players are getting dumber. Bad system. If you want to live out a dream that few get the opportunity to do, do what they say. If you don't, go sell cars. That's it.

Coming from a person that supports "weed."

Sydla

Reaction score
The NFL is getting more ridiculous and players are getting dumber. Bad system. If you want to live out a dream that few get the opportunity to do, do what they say. If you don't, go sell cars. That's it.

Coming from a person that supports "weed."

There is probably more facts surrounding this.

But if part of his suspension was seeing a counselor, I am not sure how anyone can lay this at the feet of the NFL at this point. It seems like it's a pretty standard part of any drug suspension.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I'm going to take the (possibly foolish half-full) other side and say he's just complaining about having to go to counseling and has to because that clause is the sword hanging over his head.

Please don't prove me wrong Mr. Irving.

Didn't think about that. Hopefully, for our sake, he's just complaining about the stipulations of his current suspension. It's still pretty foolish to complain publicly.