David Lee Roth: ‘I’m throwing in the shoes. I’m retiring’

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Van Halen's first record contract. KISS at their peak. It's funny how those two timelines don't match.

On what planet? :muttley:

Van Halen's first album came out in 1978. KISS's first three platinum albums were released in 1976, 1976, and 1977. They released their first compilation, Double Platinum, in 1978. Their next album, Dynasty, also went platinum in 1979.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
On what planet? :muttley:

Van Halen's first album came out in 1978. KISS's first three platinum albums were released in 1976, 1976, and 1977. They released their first compilation, Double Platinum, in 1978. Their next album, Dynasty, also went platinum in 1979.
Keep reading, you'll find this...

:facepalm: I'm just busting your balls. Why get so uptight about something that is a well-established fact? It's not that you're not right but everyone knows this story.

Praxit

Reaction score
He was the ultimate frontman for Van Halen. It took me years to accept Sammy Hagar after DLR left the band.
I hated to see what his career became and was a shell of his former self. .
...hate to say it, but I never got into Sammy being VH. Same with Journey without Steve. Roth was visual cornerstone of the band. Voice, charisma, character..etc. ;)

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
...hate to say it, but I never got into Sammy being VH. Same with Journey without Steve. Roth was visual cornerstone of the band. Voice, charisma, character..etc. ;)

Yep, when Dave split he took everything interesting with him asides from Ed's playing. With Roth in the band they were Las Vegas, when Sam joined they turned into Branson Mo.

jnday

Reaction score
He was a great front man during his career with Van Halen. As the years passed , his talent left him. I have goats with better voices than he has shown these last few years.