News: David Moore: Terrance Williams facing suspension

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Actually, we may need Terrance Sunday in Seattle. His last game there was in 2014.

He had an amazing toe dragging catch near the sideline from Tony Romo in a critical 3rd and 18 during the 4th quarter as the cowboys trailed.

Let him play Sunday, then suspend him

3rd and 20 ;)

Ugh what that year should have been. That game solidied us as the real deal. No one had won in Seattle in like 3 years or something.

Romo man, miss this dude like crazy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think you are correct on that. They have a morals clause in contracts that adds to the power of not paying the guaranteed contract after being cut. NBA and MLB are quite different.

Thanks.

I was hoping that someone would contribute something more solid on the status of this than my "I thought I heard this somewhere".

Verdict

Reaction score
You were "accused" of presenting something with no support. Which was, in fact, true. I asked you to support what you were claiming and all you did was to get indignant.

If you're now looking for an apology, you've got one. I apologize for my part in that.

Actually I wasn't calling you out. You don't owe me an apology. Actually, Im sort of poking fun at the CONCEPT that if you don't give some supporting information it is an attempt to create some sort of fictitious ruse.

Sometimes people are on the cutting edge. Rather than try to say they are creating rumors we should listen to what they say and see what happens.

If you said something that was totally out there with or without substantiation it would not make any difference at all to me. I would assume that as an established poster here that you were telling what you knew and you were doing it in good faith. But that's just me.

I told everyone on the front edge that the drafting of Zeke sounded like a foregone conclusion by people in the know and received all sorts of skepticism. I guess that's fine, but who would make something like that up, right?

Its all good. Don't sweat it. Just keep in mind that even when something is strictly and opinion, and it is the minority view, hindsight may prove it accurate.

plasticman

Reaction score
Two other NFL players this year charged with DUI received a 3 game and 4 games suspensions. I suspect Williams will received the same.

He was never phenomenal but he contributed at about the same rate as most 2nd receivers. If there is at least two starting receivers for each team then there are a total of 64. Last season only 50 of them averaged more than three receptions a game.Terrance was one of these.

I think this opens up an opportunity for someone who should take full advantage.I'm hoping Gallup.

Verdict

Reaction score
Two other NFL players this year charged with DUI received a 3 game and 4 games suspensions. I suspect Williams will received the same.

He was never phenomenal but he contributed at about the same rate as most 2nd receivers. If there is at least two starting receivers for each team then there are a total of 64. Last season only 50 of them averaged more than three receptions a game.Terrance was one of these.

I think this opens up an opportunity for someone who should take full advantage.I'm hoping Gallup.

This is one of those rare instances where TWill getting suspended actually benifits the team so the league will probably say "just kidding" and not suspend TWill and say now don't do that again. Lol

HungryLion

Reaction score
You must not pay attention. Zeke got suspended for conduct detrimental to the league. I guess video footage of a star receiver in bed with ****** and drugs doesn't qualify as conduct detrimental to the league.

It should be conducted detrimental to the league for sure.

To be honest though, it makes me rather jealous. I miss the days of being in bed with ****** and drugs.

College was awesome.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not this year..... they get back 205k per game for the suspension and could go after 80k per game for his signing bonus but once the year started this year's salary was locked in

If he had future guarantees they can be voided with suspensions from the Personal Conduct policy..... I don't think cases or teams are handled the same way

https://overthecap.com/voiding-of-guarantees/
I have researched and read so many different takes on the subject that my head is spinning. A lot seems to depend on contract details that can be added in on top of a standard NFL contract for any player - vested or not. Some of the articles on well known sites are very generic, and some of the writers actually say it is not a well known topic about vested players. The bottom line is on how the contract is written.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Chucklehead

2ZMEu0I.gif

Hilarious.

When exactly did this happen?

Mannix

Reaction score
-------Do the NYG players ever face suspension? Just wondering.

No....didn't Josh Brown slit his wife's throat and only sit out the first half of his next game?

Mannix

Reaction score
-------Not while Goodell is the commissioner

This needs to be written or talked about over and over until nationally there is no choice but to talk about it....Jerry should be doing it!!! Where are you when we really need you Skip Bayless?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Let us know when a suspension comes down, too much chatter. DAL will be fine so Goodell can try an do his worst.