Davis and Goodwin need to go

rambo2

Reaction score
Putting Davis and Goodwin on the 53 because of special teams is a bunch of bs. There are other guys that should be on the 53. Deuce Vaughn is one. Buddy Johnson is another. That rookie safety that had 2 picks is another. They can find other players to be the personal protector and gunners. Guys like J. Thomas, Flournoy, Bell, and Brooks.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Putting Davis and Goodwin on the 53 because of special teams is a bunch of bs. There are other guys that should be on the 53. Deuce Vaughn is one. Buddy Johnson is another. That rookie safety that had 2 picks is another. They can find other players to be the personal protector and gunners. Guys like J. Thomas, Flournoy, Bell, and Brooks.
Totally agree 100%. Common sense. The problem is Bones Fassel! McCarthy doesn't put his foot down against Fassel and his "favorites" choices who don't contribute on offense or defense.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Rumor has it that they are keeping Davis. I hope that proves to be false. I will be so pissed if he does. I will be pissed about Goodwin too.
Goodwin I’ve pretty much accepted that it will happen. Davis would just make zero sense to me so I’m with you in hoping that rumor isn’t true.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What good is Goodwin? He's a "gunner". He's useless in today's new kickoff alignment.

Davis sucks as a RB. Why do we need him? Deuce is by far a better RB prospect, along with Special Teams as a returner.

rambo2

Reaction score
What good is Goodwin? He's a "gunner". He's useless in today's new kickoff alignment.

Davis sucks as a RB. Why do we need him? Deuce is by far a better RB prospect, along with Special Teams as a returner.
I'm thinking that they don't need Goodwin. They aren't going to be punting much anyway. They would only punt from around 55 yards out and farther.

MiddleStar

Reaction score
I expect Goodwin to get cut just like last year. They then put him on the PS and called him up the first few weeks, then he got hurt and missed the rest of the year. We proved last year we can get by on ST without him. I am fine with him on the PS and a call up if needed and as a defacto coach. He doeesn't need to be taking a 53 spot away from someone who can actually contribute or develop.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Davis has had multiple yrs hanging around the RB room it’s time to “ churn the roster “ ….I would stash Nathaniel Peat on PS before I kept Davis . Peat hardly played Pre Season Davis you know what you have .

The fact that Goodwin is a non factor on defense and is strictly ST yes it’s a luxury you can’t afford . To me Harris the LB is worth keeping over a Goodwin .

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm thinking that they don't need Goodwin. They aren't going to be punting much anyway. They would only punt from around 55 yards out and farther.
Yes we do need Goodwin ... last year proved that when he went down .. and we resorted to the likes of Tolbert and Williams as gunners , which opposing teams really went after Tolbert on fake punts.

Goodwin is well seasoned and well coached up and productive as a gunner. Apparently Bones is satisfied with Goodwin, .and if Bones
view is invaluable, i'll take him up on keeping CJG.

Folks are just throwing out random names but manage those over Bones preference and voice.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Yes we do need Goodwin ... last year proved that when he went down .. and we resorted to the likes of Tolbert and Williams as gunners , which opposing teams really went after Tolbert on fake punts.

Goodwin is well seasoned and well coached up and productive as a gunner. Apparently Bones is satisfied with Goodwin, .and if Bones
view is invaluable, i'll take him up on keeping CJG.

Folks are just throwing out random names but manage those over Bones preference and voice.
How many fake punts were there last year against Dallas????
Goodwin nothing on defense, with the new kickoff rules and the way Punters today now kick to coverage and not distance, you don't waste a roster spot on a one trick pony in Goodwin anymore...