Davis and Goodwin need to go

erod

Reaction score
Putting Davis and Goodwin on the 53 because of special teams is a bunch of bs. There are other guys that should be on the 53. Deuce Vaughn is one. Buddy Johnson is another. That rookie safety that had 2 picks is another. They can find other players to be the personal protector and gunners. Guys like J. Thomas, Flournoy, Bell, and Brooks.
Goodwin is one of the very best at what he does.

If they keep Luepke, I don't know how Davis stays unless they cut Freeman, which would be a mistake.

Should be Zeke, Dowdle, Freeman, Duece, and Luepke.

rambo2

Reaction score
He's been one of the best kick coverage guys in the NFL for many years. He's tough to block as a gunner.
Yep, he is a gunner. That's all he does
They can keep a player that does more.

quickccc

Reaction score
Yep, he is a gunner. That's all he does
They can keep a player that does more.
Apparently bones hasn't found a player that outperforms Goodwin in the only thing he does per special teams

It got so bad that Bones had to result to tolbert and Williams as gunner, the result was successful fake punts on us,..per tolbert...and dumb penalties per Williams

Apparently Bones could not find or trust the likes of Thomas, bell, brooks, hunter etc, to be the primary gunner that he thought more of tolbert, Williams to be....and their lack of experience and discipline showed up.

Bones wants reliability and trust.

Havic

Reaction score
Special teams is big and can determine field position greatly. I'll trust Bones in who he wants for those roles.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Davis has had multiple yrs hanging around the RB room it’s time to “ churn the roster “ ….I would stash Nathaniel Peat on PS before I kept Davis . Peat hardly played Pre Season Davis you know what you have .

The fact that Goodwin is a non factor on defense and is strictly ST yes it’s a luxury you can’t afford . To me Harris the LB is worth keeping over a Goodwin .
Peat is one of the early cuts , likely will make to PS
Davis couldnt do anyhting against 3rdstringers.