Dawand Jones Tackle Ohio State

cnuball21

Reaction score
Don't see taking a lineman at 26, unless something unexpected happens. With Tyron returning and Steele eventually coming back, they aren't going to redshirt a 1st rd pick here. They could try to draft one on day 2, maybe more of a developmental guy on day 3 along with a low level fa signing.
I’d be open to letting a team have Steele for the 2nd rounder. Plenty of good RT prospects this year.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You are underrated him as a player, was real good last season
I think he’s a good run blocker and mediocre pass protector.

I think he’s a fully capable starter, but not sure he’s someone I’d dish out at a massive contract to.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think he’s a good run blocker and mediocre pass protector.

I think he’s a fully capable starter, but not sure he’s someone I’d dish out at a massive contract to.
He isn’t going to get a massive extension

cnuball21

Reaction score
He isn’t going to get a massive extension
Depends on your definition of massive - if we extend him it’ll likely be between 6-8 million+ a year. Could a 1/2 draft selection equal his play? I’d say yes within 2 years.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Depends on your definition of massive - if we extend him it’ll likely be between 6-8 million+ a year. Could a 1/2 draft selection equal his play? I’d say yes within 2 years.
6-8 million is on the cheap side, remember Collins was making 10 a few years ago

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That’s where the + comes in. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he got something like 10.
We shall see, but this is the perfect time to extend him. Even at 10 that might be a bargain in today's landscape, believe the top guys at RT are making close to 20 a season.

cnuball21

Reaction score
We shall see, but this is the perfect time to extend him. Even at 10 that might be a bargain in today's landscape, believe the top guys at RT are making close to 20 a season.
That’s fair. I wouldn’t hate it but if we have the opportunity to secure a 2nd round pick instead of giving him 10 mil a year for what I consider average OT play than I’m open ears.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That’s fair. I wouldn’t hate it but if we have the opportunity to secure a 2nd round pick instead of giving him 10 mil a year for what I consider average OT play than I’m open ears.
I totally disagree that he is an average Tackle, especially as a run blocker. MM is developing a passing offense in which he wants Dak to get rid of the ball more quickly, this will only help Steele and Tyler Smith moving forward who are better run blocker then pass protectors at this juncture.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Y’all already forgot about Daniel Faalele from last year. He literally was Dawand’s equal in terms of size.

These big guys often have slow feet and a boar athleticism. I think Dawand’s best position may be to move inside to help keep him off an island on the edge.

I feel like Dawand’s is destined to be a Raven or some other AFC.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/stats/Daniel-Faalele-OL-Minnesota