Draft Day ****Day 3 Draft Thread****

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Mayock looks to have had a very good draft. I would take what he took for this team no questions asked.

Boys122

Reaction score
It’s hard to tell at this point if we did well or not. Give it a few years. We’re just couch scouts. That’s why our scouts get paid for what they do. Have faith. ~wink~

J817

Reaction score
I guess this draft feels terrible because we didn’t have a first round pick this year. I mean imagine the feel if we had an Abram with the other guys.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'd like to finish with a kicker because I don't have much faith in Maher. I think we can do better and I'd like to secure the Grambling State kid as a challenger.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other than missing out on Johnson and taking Pollard to high, I am liking day 3 for us.

Really wish we came out of it with Johnson though.

I like it much better than last years day 3. It almost feels like day 1 and 2 compared to last years day 3.
And no, I am not saying these guys are line 1,2 an 3 round picks, before some get all up in a wad. LOL.

Mannix

Reaction score
The only good thing about not drafting any "difference makers" is that The Clapping Carrots countdown begins today....there were players in Rounds 2.3.4 that would have helped us this coming season. So rather than drop some F Bombs on here like I almost did three (3) hours ago, I'll just stay calm and wait for this time next season when I'll be seeing a different HC in the War Room instead of Problem Child. BTW, Jerry taking a dirt nap will only bring on more of my hatred for Stephen which seems to grow monthly.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It’s hard to tell at this point if we did well or not. Give it a few years. We’re just couch scouts. That’s why our scouts get paid for what they do. Have faith. ~wink~
Scouts are not always the guys making the picks.

I guess we have to have faith in the guys making the decisions above the guys that spend all year watching these players.

That means a couple of Joneses, McClay and whatever coaches they want to listen to. Possibly a Jerry grandchild or two.

Scouts are just the information gatherers.

That is why I liked how Jimmy Johnson ran his drafts. His scouts actually were allowed to have voices.

Patrick

Reaction score
Sadly...I would have taken 5 other kids before him....

Rodney Anderson RB Oklahoma
LJ Scott RB Michigan St.
Travis Homer RB Miami
Jalin Moore RB Appalachian St.
Elijah Holyfield RB Georgia

Homer is gone, he is who I wanted as well. I had LJ as a UDFA for us and I thought Holyfield would go someone in the 5th. Don't know the other 2 you mentioned.

J817

Reaction score
Rod Smith isn't even on the team. He is a free agent that has not been signed. Hopefully his ship has sailed. I have been saying for years now that he was not a viable option at backup RB.

He can still be signed for training camp. Wouldn’t be shocked if he was.

Yea, besides being Jaylon’s brother never understood the infatuation for him.

Hardline

Reaction score
Sadly...I would have taken 5 other kids before him....

Rodney Anderson RB Oklahoma
LJ Scott RB Michigan St.
Travis Homer RB Miami
Jalin Moore RB Appalachian St.
Elijah Holyfield RB Georgia
I hope Anderson is brought in as an UDFA if he's not drafted.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I guess this draft feels terrible because we didn’t have a first round pick this year. I mean imagine the feel if we had an Abram with the other guys.

Well, it's not as if we didn't get anything for that first round pick.