Draft Day ****Day 3 Draft Thread****

Carson

Reaction score
Prepared for a bunch of random guys to be picked for us

Mr_437

Reaction score
Jane Slater reported Cowboys looking to draft RB, DB and maybe WR today.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It would be nice to finally have a good Day 3. Something to get excited about. A reason to think the scouting department really is good and worthy of some praise.

Let's do this.

I expect us to get a safety in the fifth that no one has heard of. Take a running back because he's great on special teams. Pick up a linebacker for the same reason. And give the Raiders our seventh-round pick just because the Cooper trade turned out so well.

Jipper

Reaction score
I expect us to get a safety in the fifth that no one has heard of. Take a running back because he's great on special teams. Pick up a linebacker for the same reason. And give the Raiders our seventh-round pick just because the Cooper trade turned out so well.

In al honesty the majority of fans won’t have heard of most any player picked beyond the second or third round....unless they are crazy into college football....have to trust the scouting drpt

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Armstrong, Schultz, White, Covington, Wilson and Scarbrough doesn't get you excited?

You're being irrational.

Schultz started to show a little something. Wilson yet to be seen. I liked the Covington pick, but it was more the LB position than the name.
So no that did not and does not get me excited.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tony Pollard seems to be the most likely soon to be Cowboy in the twitterverse.

He would really help this team watching the best back in the league play or taking that player off the field in critical 3rd downs to be inferior on the field.

I really like Xavier Turner, Tarleton State. Big and powerful with good balance and vision. Not as a fourth-round pick, though. Maybe with our fifth or we a trade down then to pick up another pick. I don't think he'll go before then, but I could be wrong.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Some teams with too many solid backs on rosters. wonder who we can trade for with a 6th round pick