Day 3 Priorities

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Really no surprises on day 2, I know team wanted to address Edge and don't value the NT position. Taking a WR was expected, especially when Jelani Woods came off the board.

TE is a priority need that this team has yet to address. It wouldn't shock me to see them trade up to start the day. Otton could be their primary target, he is similar to Shultz as a receiver, but a better inline blocker. Kolar, Likely are more the MM types, hybrid big so called receivers. They did show interest in Calcaterra and Wydermyer, both are more 5th rd types.

After TE, you would think they target depth at LB, the need is more of a two down run player who can eventually replace Lve. A center who can at least compete to become a starter, another late NT and some secondary help. Dan Quinn is probably going to jump on tables with Woolen is there at 129, long and fast developmental corner.

Will they draft a kicker? If they want the best, probably have to use their highest 5th rd selection to get him.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
LB, NT, TE, K in rounds 4-5 and I would also like to see a CB/WR project who is a pure KR/PR. Those are all real needs so I hope they only trade up if there is a real prize there.

We could use some RB depth in round 6. Zeke and/or Pollard could soon be gone.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
We need a corner which should be a higher need fir a snart team instead of tight end. There are good corner prospects available

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Really no surprises on day 2, I know team wanted to address Edge and don't value the NT position. Taking a WR was expected, especially when Jelani Woods came off the board.

TE is a priority need that this team has yet to address. It wouldn't shock me to see them trade up to start the day. Otton could be their primary target, he is similar to Shultz as a receiver, but a better inline blocker. Kolar, Likely are more the MM types, hybrid big so called receivers. They did show interest in Calcaterra and Wydermyer, both are more 5th rd types.

After TE, you would think they target depth at LB, the need is more of a two down run player who can eventually replace Lve. A center who can at least compete to become a starter, another late NT and some secondary help. Dan Quinn is probably going to jump on tables with Woolen is there at 129, long and fast developmental corner.

Will they draft a kicker? If they want the best, probably have to use their highest 5th rd selection to get him.
Im going out on a limb and saying Spiller is there 4th.

Otton makes a ton of sense and is the safe bet. Could easily be on of the other similarly ranked TE's

Dont sleep on another WR. I can see them taking Ezukanma in the 6th if he is there.

If we draft a TE in the 4th and another WR in the 6th, thay would be the same positions and rounds where we took Gallup, Shultz and Wilson in 2018. That was a pretty good haul. We already did that with rounds 1 and 2, mimicking Martin and Lawrence in 2014

Last edited:

morasp

Reaction score
Cade Otton TE
Zamir White RB
Charlie Kolar TE
Thayer Munford OT
Tycen Anderson S
Dameon Pierce RB
Malcolm Rodriguez LB
Joshua Williams CB
Khalill Shakir WR
Eyioma Uwazurike DT
Michael Clemons DE
Daniel Bellinger TE
Kevin Harris WR
Jesse Luketa LB
Juanyeh Thomas S

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Im going out on a limb and saying Spiller is there 4th.

Otton makes a ton of sense and is the safe bet. Could easily be on of the other similarly ranked TE's

Dont sleep on another WR. I can see them taking Ezukanma in the 6th if he is there.

If we draft a TE in the 4th and another WR in the 6th, thay would be the same positions and rounds where we took Gallup, Shultz and Wilson in 2018. That was a pretty good haul. We already did that with rounds 1 and 2, mimicking Martin and Lawrence in 2014
Could definitely see a RB and doubling up at WR. Really would like to add more OL depth.

Carson

Reaction score
TE
LB
WR
OL
S
K
At this point, i don't see any WR or safeties beating out the current guys. But also at this point you're throwing crap at the wall and hoping it sticks after round 4.

I'd like

LB
TE
K
DT

Cowboyny

Reaction score
At this point, i don't see any WR or safeties beating out the current guys. But also at this point you're throwing crap at the wall and hoping it sticks after round 4.

I'd like

LB
TE
K
DT
Keep Special Teams in mind, we need a punt returner.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could definitely see a RB and doubling up at WR. Really would like to add more OL depth.
They talked to all of the day 2 caliber HB's at the combine. They bring any in for an official visit, but I think if one of those guys (Spiller and White are both still there) falls to their pick, they could be very tempted

NotForLong

Reaction score
TE, DT, LB in that order
I respect your opinion . . . what do you think of Jaheim Bell.

Seems to me He could be somebody that could wreck havoc in the middle of the field for Dak.

He has amazing Hands and is a gifted Athlette.

I think He would command a lot of attention. . . Deebo Light

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They talked to all of the day 2 caliber HB's at the combine. They bring any in for an official visit, but I think if one of those guys (Spiller and White are both still there) falls to their pick, they could be very tempted
I know they have shown great interest with Haskins from Michigan, met with him a few times. He would be more of a 5th rounder and is similar to Zeke's style. Perhaps insurance, but an replacement in 2023?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

TE, DL, LB, Kicker

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know they have shown great interest with Haskins from Michigan, met with him a few times. He would be more of a 5th rounder and is similar to Zeke's style. Perhaps insurance, but an replacement in 2023?
Both maybe. You can "follow the money" with a HB, but maybe it's a year early. I do wonder if they are willing to extend Pollard and how much that cost. I wouldn't have a Tevin Coleman tier deal. Coleman signed for 2 years, 10 million in 2018 coming off a season where he had 800 yards and a 4.8 YPC. In 2023, that tier deal is probably 2 years 16 million