***Day one Draft thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plankton

Reaction score
Absolutely not. 34 is a prime position. You don't blow that on a guy you have questions about health wise.

It will be interesting to see what the media digs up about how Dallas feels about him.

It was reported on Twitter (I think by Tony Pauline) that the Cowboys were one of the teams that flagged the issue with Jack's knee at the medical recheck.

JBond

Reaction score
D-Law wasn't screwing up the pick. Lee wasn't screwing up the pick. Gregory might have been, but certainly didn't seem that way at the time. I still don't think Escobar was screwing up the pick (he will be a very good TE once Witten is gone... Witten's just a giant in the way right now). Cowboys history in the 2nd isn't as bad as it's made out to be, any 2nd round guy comes with some degree of risk otherwise they wouldn't be there in the 2nd.

Drugs (broke the rules), a broken guy and a habitual user. Really? They know the rules. I was all in on Lee. How do you sugar coat it in your mind?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
K7G.gif

Much cheaper to move from 4 to 1/2 then a mega trade from middle to late in the pack next year.

rpntex

Reaction score
Okay, he would go in the 1st round teens bc of that deficiency (even then, probably still top 10). You don't get drafted to sack the QB and give him grief bc he isn't "strong against the run" esp @ RE where they don't share that run D responsibility in this scheme? Not like you couldn't coach that up in him; run D, etc considering he is a rookie.

Nope, I didn't say he wasn't strong against the run. I said he was VERY WEAK against the run...huge difference.

Evidently, 31 other teams feel the same way. It's also a lot different taking a pure nickel player in the 2nd round that it would be in the top 10.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Nope, I didn't say he wasn't strong against the run. I said he was VERY WEAK against the run...huge difference.

Evidently, 31 other teams feel the same way. It's also a lot different taking a pure nickel player in the 2nd round that it would be in the top 10.

I didn't say take him in the top 10? I said he should be given a shot bc he proved to be maturing and is clearly a good player (Ohio State and Eastern Kentucky) while fitting a huge need @ RE. I have no problem snagging him at 34 or even if we traded into late 1st using a 4th (turns out we didn't so all good for us there).

Kaiser

Reaction score
I didn't say take him in the top 10? I said he should be given a shot bc he proved to be maturing and is clearly a good player (Ohio State and Eastern Kentucky) while fitting a huge need @ RE.

He also dominated in the Senior Bowl, he looked like the best player on the field. I think Spence would be a day one starter at RDE for us.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im not scared this team will take cook or hackenberg @ 34. They realize there's too many impact defenders left. Our front office can't be that stupid lol I hope.

Hackenberg will be available in the third. Then Jerry can have at it.

NFL Network loves the Zeke pick

vlad

Reaction score
So you're fine with 2 injury prone RBs and another RB in Morris who's a 1 trick pony? They still have more picks to address the defense, and they have a real early pick in the 2nd.

Look, I think he's an amazing player and I'm stoked on the player, and I think he's amazing for Romo. I just think you could have gotten better value for the price. Certainly I'm excited to see the dude kill it, just think we had more pressing needs with an equally talented player at a position of need available.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
He also dominated in the Senior Bowl, he looked like the best player on the field. I think Spence would be a day one starter at RDE for us.

He's easily the most talented player left on the board w/o off the field issues that he has since cleared up for over a year. Some young people need a rude awakening before the epiphany of manhood hits them. The steps he took at Eastern Kentucky showed some of those maturity traits (submitting clean samples w/o provocation on a continual basis to NCAA) and has earned the chance to be picked @ 34 (or higher).

QT

Reaction score
Hackenberg will be available in the third. Then Jerry can have at it.

NFL Network loves the Zeke pick

Is Nate Burleson a Cowboy fan? He keeps saying us. I also remember him saying on the show, everyone wants to be a Cowboy. I think he lost his voice when we drafted Zeke.

Status
Not open for further replies.