Draft Day ***Day one Draft Thread***

USMarineVet

Reaction score
No trade ups yet.
If the same happens with New York, that says something about any extra urgency for Tua or the Herbert.
Just wait. With the 6th overall pick the Dallas Cowboys select CB Morris Claiborne...

Nah... Forget I mentioned that.

Carson

Reaction score
If any other team had kerrigan sweat and young at de with payne allen and ionnadis at DT i would fear them

but its something about the Commanders that makes me say who gives a crap

still they have no business not being the best front four in the league

They stink in the secondary and just ok at linebacker

DFWJC

Reaction score
Have assume NY had no trade offers.
Otherwise could've got their OT plus another 1st
Interesting

J817

Reaction score
Must he a good character guy. Garrett already leaving his mark.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
The draft will never be the same again for me. My wife just said Mel Kiper looks like the broccoli from Veggie Tales. Now I will think that everytime I see him lol

Adreme

Reaction score
I see it the other way. A top pass rush makes the secondary better. A top pass rush also creates turnovers. If QBs have all day, the don't tend too make too many mistakes, no matter how good the secondary is

QBs will not get all day though no matter what. An elite pass rush can stall a drive or two, but he will get time and he will get points. Meanwhile an elite secondary allows you to both take a teams best players out of contention, what is known as the BB special, and manufacture a pass rush by sending more guys knowing your elite secondary can cover.

You build an elite secondary, you buy a cheap run stuffing NT, and you just profit from knowing they will not score on you.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I see it the other way. A top pass rush makes the secondary better. A top pass rush also creates turnovers. If QBs have all day, the don't tend too make too many mistakes, no matter how good the secondary is

Stats show it's almost just an important concept to win with an elite DE on their rookie contract.....Von Miller, Nick Bosa..etc