Draft Day ***Day one Draft Thread***

stilltheguru

Reaction score
How quickly do the secondary players come off the board?

We aren’t trading up.
You saw how quick in round 1. Round 2 prob wont be any different. Only thing is we may get a safety prospect to fall. I doubt the big 3 corners will fall to us

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I was initially down on the Lamb pick because I wanted defense, but after looking at who was available (and who was already gone) it was the right call.

I didn't like Chaisson at 17 and sure didn't want a center there. Had we passed on Henderson or Kinlaw that would be another matter. They were gone.

J817

Reaction score
Who's Copper?

And no, let there current starter cement his shortcomings this year on his franchise tag, say bye bye and have Love ready to go in 2022. You solve several issues. It allows them to keep all the other guys they overpaid for and they get a QB for 4 years on the cheap.

The Cowboys current backup QB Cooper Rush.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You don't put your first round draft pick on special teams. Dez returned punts because he asked to. And I think Dez was a bit sturdier in the body than Lamb. But we shall see.

I don't know who made that rule but I know other teams don't follow it. Seems completely upside down to me.

Antonio Brown was leading the NFL in receptions AND returning punts for Pittsburgh. Why? Because you don't pass up a chance to get the ball in the hands of your best playmaker. Julian Edelman was Brady's top receiver and guess what? He returned punts too.

"Yeah, but he might get hurt."

Guys can get injured anytime. Not utilizing your best weapons out of fear is ridiculous. Let's put a Cole Beasley back there to fair catch so we can start on our 15 all day.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Wait...you don't understand how getting a player 11 spots later than where he was suppose to go is a steal?

No, he was a first rounder drafted in the first round. Getting a steal to me means the player was gotten at least a round later than he was projected. 11 spots is only about 1/3 of a round lowe. That's just not enough difference to meet the definition of a "steal". Yes I know, everything these days has to be a "WOW" moment, but not everything qualifies as that.

Now if they got him with their second pick, now that would have been a "steal".

Sorry you don't agree....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, he was a first rounder drafted in the first round. Getting a steal to me means the player was gotten at least a round later than he was projected. 11 spots is only about 1/3 of a round lowe. That's just not enough difference to meet the definition of a "steal". Yes I know, everything these days has to be a "WOW" moment, but not everything qualifies as that.

Now if they got him with their second pick, now that would have been a "steal".

Sorry you don't agree....

So if you got Chase Young at #17 you wouldn't' say that's a steal?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
So if you got Chase Young at #17 you wouldn't' say that's a steal?

Nope, still a first round pick gotten in the first round. Now that's a really good deal, but if getting a player 11 spots later in the first is a steal, then what's getting a first rounder in the third, for example? A "super duper steal"?

Using the word "steal" means different to me than what it does to you, that's all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nope, still a first round pick gotten in the first round. Now that's a really good deal, but if getting a player 11 spots later in the first is a steal, then what's getting a first rounder in the third, for example? A "super duper steal"?

Using the word "steal" means different to me than what it does to you, that's all.
Getting a first rounder in the third is a still too lol.

Isiah Simmons was taken I think at the 8th spot but was projected to go too 4. That’s a steal.