***Day Two Draft Thread***

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please keep it within the guidelines and hope we have a good second day.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Dodd 1a -
Bottom Line
The arrow is pointed up for Dodd who finished the season with a streak of five consecutive games with a sack. Dodd already looks the part of an NFL defensive end and his desire to make plays coupled with his physical traits and talent should have him shooting up draft boards. His lack of college snaps could preclude him from being "pro ready", but his instincts and football intelligence should expedite the learning process.

Ogbah 1b

Bottom Line
Upon first glance, Ogbah appears unimpressive because he doesn't play with the quickness or athleticism expected of productive pass rushers, but eventually, his translatable qualities avail themselves. Ogbah's power will serve him well against the run, but he will have to become more skilled as a pass rusher. He can play 3-4 outside linebacker or 4-3 defensive end, and he might have value inside in subpackages.

Bullard 1c

Bottom Line
Has the frame to add more functional strength and mass and may need to since his best fit appears to be as a 1-gapping defensive tackle in an attacking scheme. Bullard can be a very disruptive player off the snap when his pad level is good and he’s an excellent tackler allowing no broken or missed tackles all season. Bullard will need to improve his pass rush and add necessary size, but he is an ascending talent whose game should continue to improve at the next level.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good idea to open it early.

Yes. A good 2nd day. Like don't trade up 2 spots for any of these players and let's get 2 players who figure to be starters down the line. (Dak Prescott or any of these QB stiffs don't count)

We may even get Winicki his CB. But don't tell him. I want to surprise him for his birthday.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Dodd 1a -
Bottom Line
The arrow is pointed up for Dodd who finished the season with a streak of five consecutive games with a sack. Dodd already looks the part of an NFL defensive end and his desire to make plays coupled with his physical traits and talent should have him shooting up draft boards. His lack of college snaps could preclude him from being "pro ready", but his instincts and football intelligence should expedite the learning process.

Ogbah 1b

Bottom Line
Upon first glance, Ogbah appears unimpressive because he doesn't play with the quickness or athleticism expected of productive pass rushers, but eventually, his translatable qualities avail themselves. Ogbah's power will serve him well against the run, but he will have to become more skilled as a pass rusher. He can play 3-4 outside linebacker or 4-3 defensive end, and he might have value inside in subpackages.

Bullard 1c

Bottom Line
Has the frame to add more functional strength and mass and may need to since his best fit appears to be as a 1-gapping defensive tackle in an attacking scheme. Bullard can be a very disruptive player off the snap when his pad level is good and he’s an excellent tackler allowing no broken or missed tackles all season. Bullard will need to improve his pass rush and add necessary size, but he is an ascending talent whose game should continue to improve at the next level.

Been reading up on Dodd quite a bit today sounds like he may be a Greg Ellis type. Very consistent accountable player. I could take that with the 34th pick.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
So in what context did Stephen Jones say they like Baylor Bears and like to bring them back home? It'd be weird for him to tip his hat that much on Billings if that's who we like.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
So in what context did Stephen Jones say they like Baylor Bears and like to bring them back home? It'd be weird for him to tip his hat that much on Billings if that's who we like.

1 tech @ 34 after signing Thornton in FA? Smells like overkill/misinfo to me too.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Been reading up on Dodd quite a bit today sounds like he may be a Greg Ellis type. Very consistent accountable player. I could take that with the 34th pick.

Prefer Spence but would understand Dodd too; like both players but know the risks, etc. No QBs JJ, Just NO!:D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Please keep it within the guidelines and hope we have a good second day.

Guidelines? What guidelines?

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/-iRzt-fP2-w8/VyK27x148pI/AAAAAAAE-a0/6019WN_n39oMUNXRWixUZKPh4m9M8aBLg/w346-h323/18D8U.gif

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
won't say I know anything about Ogbah, but one game I watched of him he looks a little slow in pass rushing game, and a little slow off his feet.

I think Ogbah and Dodd both get swallowed up by NFL offensive lineman. I don't think either will amount to much more than average NFL defensive lineman.