***Day Two Draft Thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Another team reaching for a pick doesn't in any way validate us doing so.

The fact is we have a defense full of holes. The Patriots do not. If they want to reach for a gamble they are in a position to do so. We are not.

If either team is reaching, it doesn't. You assume Dallas was reaching and you assume that New England would have been reaching. Maybe you assume too much.

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm fine with our draft. You can draft all the 'big names' and they end up busting while some seeming no name guy comes in and steals the show. We won't know until the season starts. I like the fact that they at least went back to the formula that worked. They went out and got a guy who they feel is an elite talent to put behind our o-line. I was shocked about the Jaylon Smith trade, but if he makes a recovery and plays up to his potential, he will be a steal. If he doesn't, he'll be right in line with the majority of our other second rounders.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I'm fine with our draft. You can draft all the 'big names' and they end up busting while some seeming no name guy comes in and steals the show. We won't know until the season starts. I like the fact that they at least went back to the formula that worked. They went out and got a guy who they feel is an elite talent to put behind our o-line. I was shocked about the Jaylon Smith trade, but if he makes a recovery and plays up to his potential, he will be a steal. If he doesn't, he'll be right in line with the majority of our other second rounders.

I agree when you look at our free agent acquisitions combined with our draft how could you possibly conclude anything other than Super bowl.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It's perfectly acceptable and a good practice to Monday morning QB a draft and individual picks.

However, you have to wait until Monday.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The Patriots can do it because they are perennial contenders who can afford to redshirt a 2nd round pick. We can't, because well, we are a perennial 500 team coming off a 4-12 season.

This Patriots draft might be the worst in the Belicheat era. Deflategate has taken it's toll.;)

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
There is one chance at nabbing a starter tomorrow. Church can be upgraded with a pick tomorrow. There are a couple of pass rushers that could get snaps.

Jeremy Cash is not a perfect fit but teams that wait untill 101 to start drafting upgrades can't be picky.

Another name to watch out for.......

Miles Killebrew SS Southern Utah

usa-today-9107744.0.jpg

LittleD

Reaction score
I agree when you look at our free agent acquisitions combined with our draft how could you possibly conclude anything other than Super bowl.

If serious, then by all means stay. If sarcastic, then by all means please leave forever and find another team's board where you find some happiness.

Sydla

Reaction score
If serious, then by all means stay. If sarcastic, then by all means please leave forever and find another team's board where you find some happiness.

Certainties in this world. Sun comes up. You file your taxes or extensions by April every year. KillerInstinct has something to ***** about.

Carson

Reaction score
I like it so far. I much rather prefer the big school (Notre dame, Ohio states, Nebraska), captains who have top tier talent. Rather than, going for the small school (J.Williams, Brewster, Wilcox) etc.

All guys were captains and are all leaders. Yeah, Smith may not play much this year. Would've been the similar production if we drafted a Qb or End early.

Smith is an elite talent. A Butkus award in high school and college? An easy top 5 pick if healthy. Steal of the draft.

Let's hope we come out firing today. We have a ton of picks. Time to get another DE, speed WR, CB, SS and lets roll.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I don't pretend to be great at judging drafts, but this I know: we're gonna have another lousy defense in 2016 and our record will once again entirely rely on Romo and the offense.

I hate our defense.

Carson

Reaction score
I don't pretend to be great at judging drafts, but this I know: we're gonna have another lousy defense in 2016 and our record will once again entirely rely on Romo and the offense.

I hate our defense.

I think our pass rush will be much improved. Simple fact is we were very weak in the middle. This allowed opposing QBs to step up in the pocket and make plays. A healthy Crawford and McClain, Cedric Thornton and Collins. A huge upgrade over an injured Crawford and Nick Hayden.

Yeah, we may struggle some with Gregory out but we still have 6 more picks and June 1st cuts to find an edge rusher.

Backers should be fine with Ro, Lee, Hitchens and Wilson.

We also get our best corner back and now have a legit Free Safety in Byron Jones. Step back from that ledge my friend.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Get the defensive bpa in the 4th, please. After using picks in the first two rounds on an unnecessary luxury and a guy who has a high probably of never playing football again, the defense needs some help. Our defense was garbage last year and we've only helped it with a 3rd rounder who will be a rotational piece. You aren't going to find day 1 starters in the 4th, but at least find someone who can contribute. Please. I don't know if i can take another 2015.

Reaction score
I think our pass rush will be much improved. Simple fact is we were very weak in the middle. This allowed opposing QBs to step up in the pocket and make plays. A healthy Crawford and McClain, Cedric Thornton and Collins. A huge upgrade over an injured Crawford and Nick Hayden.

Yeah, we may struggle some with Gregory out but we still have 6 more picks and June 1st cuts to find an edge rusher.

Backers should be fine with Ro, Lee, Hitchens and Wilson.

We also get our best corner back and now have a legit Free Safety in Byron Jones. Step back from that ledge my friend.

add in Benson Mayowa ryan russell at de and irving and we shall be fine.I could not agree more last year was bad no push up the middle with injured crawford and over maned hayden in there we were sitting ducks on defense.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I like it so far. I much rather prefer the big school (Notre dame, Ohio states, Nebraska), captains who have top tier talent. Rather than, going for the small school (J.Williams, Brewster, Wilcox) etc.

All guys were captains and are all leaders. Yeah, Smith may not play much this year. Would've been the similar production if we drafted a Qb or End early.

Smith is an elite talent. A Butkus award in high school and college? An easy top 5 pick if healthy. Steal of the draft.

Let's hope we come out firing today. We have a ton of picks. Time to get another DE, speed WR, CB, SS and lets roll.

ha. I forgot about the brilliance of Brewster. Those were good times.

Carson

Reaction score
ha. I forgot about the brilliance of Brewster. Those were good times.

Exactly! Now some small school guys are big time NFL guys. But we tend to go with the projects that need to switch positions and never played there.