News: DC: Antwaun Woods reaction to Eagles trash talk

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Doomsday101, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

92,242 Messages
    16,981 Likes Received
    “Again, we play our best when we focus on ourselves, and who knows what filters from one person to another,” Garrett said. “But again, we’re locked in on what we need to do to go play our best.”

Of course, in the age of social media, Garrett needn’t have worried that word would circulate. Cowboys players across the locker room were aware of Grugier-Hill’s comments – and some were more willing to comment than others.

“That don’t mean nothing,” Antwaun Woods told reporters. “That’s cool to say in an air-conditioned locker room with a camera in their face, but when you got to put your hand in the dirt Sunday, it’s different.”

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/trash-talk-adds-juice-to-an-already-big-game

FineFan, WoodysGirl, Rockdoc and 18 others like this.
  2. Pants

Pants Well-Known Member

4,202 Messages
    5,067 Likes Received
    “That don’t mean nothing,” Antwaun Woods told reporters. “That’s cool to say in an air-conditioned locker room with a camera in their face, but when you got to put your hand in the dirt Sunday, it’s different.”

Translated: "This guy is a punk and we are gonna smack them in the mouth."

3. Doomsday101

92,242 Messages
    16,981 Likes Received
    Woods has been a pleasant surprise. Stats not great put the guy has done of great job of collapsing the pocket. Last weeks game vs NO his play gave Brees a hard time as he had no room to step up in the pocket

4. movaughn88

movaughn88 Well-Known Member

946 Messages
    1,565 Likes Received
    If there were an ideal player on the team to talk about putting his hands in the dirt and fighting, it't this kid.

He's been a real presence in the middle this year, and it's fun to see him make plays. He's one books for $570k next year which is terrific.

5. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

31,445 Messages
    27,060 Likes Received
    Nate Newton call Woods "The Human Log"

He does some of the dirty work, like Crawford does, so the other players can do their jobs. He is not a stats collector, but he does what he is supposed to do.

6. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

910 Messages
    2,042 Likes Received
    I like this reaction - which sort of mirrors Dak's. It make me feel comfortable that this team is focused on what's ahead of them.

Kamu is a punk and I can't wait to watch these clowns squirm on Sunday.

7. northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation Well-Known Member

5,398 Messages
    4,244 Likes Received
    We play on turf, there isn't any dirt lol. Nice one Antwaun. I miss dirt and grass stains in football. Also those old raggedy *** elbow and knee pads like Lilly and Co. used to wear. You could tell the old guys had been to war by dirt, grass stains, blood and raggedy *** elbow pads :muttley:

8. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

3,173 Messages
    2,187 Likes Received
    does he not know our field is Fake and rubber, no dirt LOL watch out for rug burn though..lol

northerncowboynation likes this.
  9. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    5,079 Likes Received
    not as bad as the old astro turf rug burns...

10. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

15,289 Messages
    9,078 Likes Received
    It shows a definite humbleness and leadership within the locke room. A maturity about the team. One we didn't see when Romo and Dez were leading the team. One we are seeing with a better leader in Dak. This team is handling adversity much better than in the past.

11. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

3,295 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    Terrific until he holds out. Didn’t we have a dline guy hold out years ago after a surprise season? I can see woods doing that.

12. Mr_C

Mr_C Carharris2

7,774 Messages
    7,620 Likes Received
    Ooooohh. I love that Woods.

We are FOCUSED

JBell and Kaiser like this.
  13. Doomsday101

92,242 Messages
    16,981 Likes Received
    I hand it to Rod Marinelli and the job he does with the defensive front, we have had some guys come in who are looked as JAGS but Rod seems to get the most out of these guys.

14. Mind_Liberator

Mind_Liberator Andrei Kostitsyn

78 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    Coach Marinelli will absolutely love that quote from Woods.

JBell and Rockdoc like this.
  15. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

15,208 Messages
    12,407 Likes Received
    He's been HUGE for this defense

16. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

15,208 Messages
    12,407 Likes Received
    I don't
    Rod is the reason we struggled for years without a real 1T DT and refused to spend resources to get one. We happened to luck into this kid and just look at how he had helped transform the defense
    Many of us have been asking for this for years

408Cowboy and Corso like this.
  17. Doomsday101

92,242 Messages
    16,981 Likes Received
    That is your view. He has brought in people like McClain whom many here did not think much of when he got to Dallas and yet excelled, Woods has come in and excelled, while David Irving has been a headache he has played great when in the lineup and is yet another cast off.

18. jazzcat22

31,445 Messages
    27,060 Likes Received
    Yes he has, a great find for Rod from McClay.

19. jazzcat22

31,445 Messages
    27,060 Likes Received
    That is my biggest pet peeve against Rod, the refusal of getting a true stud DT in the draft. Can't say in FA, because that falls upon Stephen and Jerry.

Mr_437 and visionary like this.
  20. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

10,795 Messages
    20,714 Likes Received
    What a crock. What exactly do you think Tony would've said?.....and Dez was never a leader on this team.