DC.COM Blog: Mick Shots: Track Meet (T.O. and Pacman) And The Score

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mick Shots: Track Meet And The Score
Posted by mickshot at 9/25/2008 6:49 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

* Terrell Owens has become obsessed with sprinting, doing his Usain Bolt impersonation now twice after scoring touchdowns and showing off his speed running down Green Bay’s Nick Collins after his end-zone interception and then leading Felix Jones on his 60-yard touchdown run. Washington corner Shawn Springs must be paying attention, being quoted Thursday in the Washington Times saying of covering Owens, "I have a track meet Sunday. I can't wait to see it. Me and Terrell ‘Usain Bolt’ Owens. I'm excited for it. He better be ready." Well Shawn, he’s preparing. I’m told following practice Thursday, Owens and Pacman Jones dueled over 60-yards, just the two of them. The first time out, Pacman jumped the gun and just nipped Owens across the finish line. Then after several false starts by both, Owens clipped Jones by less than a yard at the finish line. Not bad for a 34-year-old man, whipping the 25-year-old whipper-snapper.

* Don’t look now, but did you see who is leading the Cowboys in tackles on the team’s official tackle chart? That would be the 35-year-old Zach Thomas, with 30 overall, and leading also with 16 solos. Thomas said he’s playing just a little more than 30 plays a game, basically on the team’s standard 3-4 fronts, saying, “I’m fresh, that’s the big thing.”

* Good matchup to watch when the Commanders go three wide on passing downs: Washington tight end Chris Cooley, a noted pain in the Cowboys’ backsides all these years, vs. new inside nickel corner Anthony Henry, who by the way came up with his first two sacks of his career against the Packers.

* My favorite Cowboys-Commanders game at Texas Stadium? The 44-14 Cowboys victory in the 1985 season opener when the Cowboys drove Joe Theismann out of the game with five interceptions, and after the fifth with Joe walking off the field on his 36th birthday, the Texas Stadium crowd stood in unison to sing “Happy Birthday” to Joe. What most don’t remember is Jay Schroeder took over for Theismann and promptly was picked off too by the group that would become known as “Thurman’s Thieves” that year.

* And the score . . . so I see where this opened as the largest spread of any NFL game this week, 11½ points, but I’m guessing they don’t factor in Cowboys and Indians, and because of that and how the Commanders get all jacked up to play the Cowboys, especially at Texas Stadium, let’s go Cowboys 26, Commanders 20.

- Mickey Spagnola

Comments (2) | Permanent Link

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2286153 said:
* My favorite Cowboys-Commanders game at Texas Stadium? The 44-14 Cowboys victory in the 1985 season opener when the Cowboys drove Joe Theismann out of the game with five interceptions, and after the fifth with Joe walking off the field on his 36th birthday, the Texas Stadium crowd stood in unison to sing “Happy Birthday” to Joe. What most don’t remember is Jay Schroeder took over for Theismann and promptly was picked off too by the group that would become known as “Thurman’s Thieves” that year.
:laugh2: :bow: