Dc.com Draft show

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't see Crawford as a 3 tech. Doesn't seem like a pass-rushing, up the field kind of guy. I think he'd be a better 1 tech.

I can't say what Crawford is right now, honestly. I know people like to pretend they (and even the team) knows but it is next to impossible to say that. He has made it through exactly zero live practices in this scheme.

For all practical purposes, anything in regards to where and what he can do is a pure projection, a lot of it based off of his college production.

I just know it is practically insane to count on him as a starter. It is okay to hope he competes for a spot, but if he is penciled in by our staff as a starter/vital cog, we are doing it wrong again.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/timmy-jernigan/

http://draftbreakdown.com/?s=Aaron Donald

Here are 2 good links to take a look both at Jernigan and Donald. My own take I like both guys I will say I am a bit concerned with the effort of Jernigan at times while Donald is a higher motor guy.

Yeah but with a coach like Marinelli, i dont see there being a problem. I have a feeling alot of fans are going to be in a bad mood if Dallas doesnt or cant trade down. Because i dont think Dallas drafts Donald at 16. I've noticed a change in Broaddus since he said that there was a rift at VR on Donald, before he was in love with Donald, would pick him if he was at 16 in a heartbeat. Now he says he wouldnt reach for Donald at 16, not til bottom RD1 or RD2. This makes me assume that there more upper level not liking Donald at 16. McClay, Marinelli that jerry is listening to. And Maybe scouts like him.

From what ive heard on talkin cowboys, if you have Jerrys attention he will listen to you on anything you bring to him. McClay has been that guy since he brought him in.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yeah but with a coach like Marinelli, i dont see there being a problem. I have a feeling alot of fans are going to be in a bad mood if Dallas doesnt or cant trade down. Because i dont think Dallas drafts Donald at 16. I've noticed a change in Broaddus since he said that there was a rift at VR on Donald, before he was in love with Donald, would pick him if he was at 16 in a heartbeat. Now he says he wouldnt reach for Donald at 16, not til bottom RD1 or RD2. This makes me assume that there more upper level not liking Donald at 16. McClay, Marinelli that jerry is listening to. And Maybe scouts like him.

Interesting stuff.
Thank you. You provide some great information and conjecture. And you do this more than most.
I appreciate it greatly. Some very good reading. You're a large part of the reason this board is the best.

Alexander

Reaction score
From what ive heard on talkin cowboys, if you have Jerrys attention he will listen to you on anything you bring to him. McClay has been that guy since he brought him in.

Too bad the biggest chunk of McClay's experience comes from the Arena League.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Interesting stuff.
Thank you. You provide some great information and conjecture. And you do this more than most.
I appreciate it greatly. Some very good reading. You're a large part of the reason this board is the best.

Your Welcome and thanks.

I like listening to Broaddus and Mickey and try to take out their personal opinions, but at the same time they speak to coaches alot i noticed on info they've released on TC. In past few weeks they've let out a few things speaking to coaches.

• they were first to let it be known Dallas wasnt going to just let marinelli walk.
• Marinelli see's Crawford as a DT going forward
• What coaches felt about Wares situation. Try everything to get the caphit down. dont want to lose him.
• Coaches like Wilber, Hollomon, Wilcox, Heath and to expect more from them in 2014
• Dallas can and probably will make a couple FA signings, Lower end.
• If Dallas was to sign a big Fa it would probably be one of their own (Hatcher or Spencer)

Alot of people need to take these things into consideration when thinking abou 2014. These coaches know these players are very young, so expecting them to all be replaced isnt going to happen. Im sure if the right situation happened they would make a change, but they arent going to reach to replace somebody they like and see potential in.

I dont agree with everything they want to do, but i understand it. And i accept it and then know sorta what to expect. Because i see the direction theyre going in.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I think theyre going on Crawford being a 3tech and Jernigan being a 1tech. That would be a nice combo. Both around 295-300lbs Can get up the field and create that inside push Marinelli wants. What i notice is nobody is willing to give donald that middle RD1 draft prospect. More bottom RD1 RD2 spot. Size is clearly playing into him not being a legit RD1 selection

I haven't been following anything. What do you mean Donald has been "playing himself out of" the first round? I wasn't under the impression that anyone has been playing. I stopped following after the Senior Bowl a few weeks ago.

Corso

Reaction score
Too bad the biggest chunk of McClay's experience comes from the Arena League.

If the man can identify talent- I don't care if he comes from the Finnish League.
I do get your point though...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I haven't been following anything. What do you mean Donald has been "playing himself out of" the first round? I wasn't under the impression that anyone has been playing. I stopped following after the Senior Bowl a few weeks ago.

Not playing himself out of the first round. But his situation is playing out into him not being a consensus RD1 pick. Some people have him bottom of RD1 but most think he will be a top of RD2.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
That sounds extremely intelligent.

If they resign Hatcher (who I would keep over Spencer) and plan to play Crawford at DT, then I would rather them go after a DE in the first. I don't see anyone we draft starting over Hatcher or Crawford.

Alexander

Reaction score

It is idiotic rhetoric. Nobody can "play themselves out of the first round" at this stage of the year, especially when they are a senior and not a mysterious underclassman nobody did their homework on. The work on this player should have been complete by now.

What makes this statement even more flimsy is that he typically was not regarded as first round prospect until Senior Bowl week. He might flop at the Combine or something, but if someone went back and scrutinized his play recently and now downgrades him, it sounds to me that they are doing their best to talk themselves out of him for some reason.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
If they resign Hatcher (who I would keep over Spencer) and plan to play Crawford at DT, then I would rather them go after a DE in the first. I don't see anyone we draft starting over Hatcher or Crawford.
If Dallas would resign Hatcher i would hope they would go after Zack Martin if he was still there or trade down.

Alexander

Reaction score

If we can't draft a DT in the first better than Crawford, this class is a lot worse than I thought.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Not playing himself out of the first round. But his situation is playing out into him not being a consensus RD1 pick. Some people have him bottom of RD1 but most think he will be a top of RD2.

Then I'm all for trading back like we did last year and taking him around #31. We could use all the picks we could get to build some depth on the line.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Then I'm all for trading back like we did last year and taking him around #31. We could use all the picks we could get to build some depth on the line.

I would love that and then pick up that extra 3rd, or just use a trade like with Cleveland Swap 16 and 26 and then Swap Rd2 picks.

Alexander

Reaction score

That is not a practice that will pay off each and every time. It is just as likely to be a too cute move that costs you the player or the position you achieved or both.

That technique is something Jerry Jones did in the early 2000s. He traded down, got more picks, then panicked and traded all of them and more to get back up to get his player. Classic example of this was Quincy Carter.

If you trust the scouts, you do not get cute. You take the player.

Corso

Reaction score
That is not a practice that will pay off each and every time. It is just as likely to be a too cute move that costs you the player or the position you achieved or both.

That technique is something Jerry Jones did in the early 2000s. He traded down, got more picks, then panicked and traded all of them and more to get back up to get his player. Classic example of this was Quincy Carter.

If you trust the scouts, you do not get cute. You take the player.

And who would be that player? Who do you think is worthy of that 16/17th pick?