DC.COM: Mick Shots: A Little Fun With Football

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Mick Shots: A Little Fun With Football
Posted by mickshot at 1/19/2009 4:55 PM CST on truebluefanclub.com

* Gotta love those tabloids in New York, because the picture under headline screaming Spags Bolts for St. Louis is Giants now former defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo with a huge set of Rams horns superimposed on his head.

* See where the Rams have lost 27 of their last 32 games. Now I intimately do remember what it was like around here the only time Cowboys went through that same drought, putting together consecutive seasons of 3-13 and 1-15. But as bad as the media and fan backlash was back then in the pre-internet and nearly pre-talk radio days, wow, it would be 100 times worse now if you consider what is going on when a 9-7 season follows 13-3 – meaning having won 22 of the last 32 games.

* Knowing Todd Haley, and knowing how volatile he could be around here – remember the sideline screaming at an official causing Bill Parcells to take that jab at him during the game? – that he would tell a complaining Anquan Boldin to shove it while be confronted about a particular personnel group that did not include the Pro Bowl receiver during what turned out to be the NFC title-winning touchdown drive is not surprising. As Haley said afterward, "Just the emotions of the game. We're emotional guys. Like I said, I wear my heart on my sleeve and that's the way I go about business and I have to deal with that on a full-time basis." But because of You-Know-Who, you guys loved it, didn’t you?

Mickey Spagnola