Video: DC.com writers predict 53-man roster

Zordon

Reaction score

Makes: Joe Jackson, Su-A-Filo, CJ Goodwin, Justin March, Devin Smith, Cedrick Wilson Jr., Chris Covington, Darian Thompson, Jordan Chunn, Donovan Olumba

Cuts: Mike White, Alfred Morris, Darius Jackson, Mike Weber, Jon'vea Johnson, Adam Redmond, Jalen Jenks, Daniel Ross, Daniel Wise, Ricky Walker, Justin Phillips, Mike Jackson, Kavon Frazier, George Iloka

QB: Dak, Rush
RB: Zeke, Pollard, Chunn
WR: Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Austin, Brown*, Smith, Wilson
TE: Witten, Jarwin, Schultz
FB: Olawale
OL: Smith, Collins, Flemming, Martin, Williams, McGovern, Frederick, Looney, Su'A-Filo

DE: D-Law, Crawford, Hyder, Charlton, Armstrong, Quinn*, Jackson
DT: Collins, Woods, Hill, Covington
LB: LVE, Smith, Lee, Thomas, Gifford*, March, Covington
CB: Jones, Awuzie, Brown, Lewis, Goodwin, Olumba
S: Woods, Heath, Wilson, Thompson
ST: Maher, Jones, L.P.

*IR/Suspended

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Where is this Jordan Chunn over hype coming from? I don't think he makes it over Jackson or Morris and I highly doubt they only take 2 backs on the final roster.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Make it: Joe Jackson, Su-A-Filo, CJ Goodwin, Justin March, Devin Smith, Cedrick Wilson Jr., Chris Covington, Darian Thompson, Jordan Chunn, Donovan Olumba

Cuts: Mike White, Alfred Morris, Darius Jackson, Mike Weber, Jon'vea Johnson, Adam Redmond, Jalen Jenks, Daniel Ross, Daniel Wise, Ricky Walker, Justin Phillips, Mike Jackson, Kavon Frazier, George Iloka

Final cuts to the 53-man roster must be made by 4 p.m. this coming Saturday.
That is all.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
For me, Jelks, Phillips and Frazier over Covington, Thompson and Chunn.

Zordon

Reaction score
Where is this Jordan Chunn over hype coming from? I don't think he makes it over Jackson or Morris and I highly doubt they only take 2 backs on the final roster.
He's done pretty good running btw the tackles imo. Plus he's on special teams.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Makes: Joe Jackson, Su-A-Filo, CJ Goodwin, Justin March, Devin Smith, Cedrick Wilson Jr., Chris Covington, Darian Thompson, Jordan Chunn, Donovan Olumba

OL: Smith, Collins, Flemming, Martin, Williams, McGovern, Frederick, Looney, Su'A-Filo

*IR/Suspended

I didn't like the sound of their discussion of XSF as insurance against Martin's "injury". I thought it was just a basic tweak that they were being ultra conservative about because Martin doesn't need the reps.

I'm sad Walker didn't make the cut, or even merit discussion. I was hoping he would make it as a developmental 3T. We need more pass rushing DTs for next year, particularly if we want to move on from Crawford.

I'm a little surprised Frazier is cut, and didn't even get a mention. "We like our guys".

Surprised too at the Mike Jackson cut. Is it possible we'd really cut a 4th round rookie? Seems unlikely.

A point in favor of Chunn - seems like the best complement to share the load with Pollard in case Zeke doesn't sign. Short yardage.

A few makes that seem surprising. I bet they don't all make it.
Makes: CJ Goodwin, Justin March, Darian Thompson, Donovan Olumba

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Chunn replacing Pollard for short yardage if Zeke holds out. Jackson or Morris probably make it over Chunn as a full game backup for Zeke, but Pollard has taken the main guy backup spot. Chunn is the best complement to him.

If Zeke doesn't hold out, I bet they go with just two RBs, figuring Pollard, Olawale, and Austin can finish a game, while they can bring back Jackson, Chunn, or Weber from the PS, or Morris from his couch, if Zeke misses a full game from injury.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He's done pretty good running btw the tackles imo. Plus he's on special teams.
He isn't better than Morris or Jackson. Chunn at best is 4th back without Zeke and 5th with Zeke. Jackson plays special teams plus returns not only that is the best blocking RB on the roster not including Zeke. Plus Jackson was lining up at receiver with the first team against Houston. I'm willing to bet anything Chunn doesn't make it as the second back behind Pollard

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Chunn replacing Pollard for short yardage if Zeke holds out. Jackson or Morris probably make it over Chunn as a full game backup for Zeke, but Pollard has taken the main guy backup spot. Chunn is the best complement to him.

If Zeke doesn't hold out, I bet they go with just two RBs, figuring Pollard, Olawale, and Austin can finish a game, while they can bring back Jackson, Chunn, or Weber from the PS, or Morris from his couch, if Zeke misses a full game from injury.
Chunn isn't making the roster as the backup to Pollard and isn't making it ahead of Jackson or Morris.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

RB3 has to give you snaps on Teams.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

*IR/Suspended

This looks exactly right.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't say I disagree with anything on the final offensive selections ...what do you think????

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/rank-em-staff-predicts-cowboys-53-man-roster

I'm happy for what look to be several guys who have played their way onto the roster. Guys like Luke Gifford, CJ Goodwin, Xavier Su'a Filo, Devin Smith, and Joe Jackson.

I'm surprised to see Adam Redmond on the list.

And I have to wonder what they ultimately do with guys like McGovern, Jelks, and Gifford given their current injury issues. Maybe we'll see some creative roster decisions leading up to week one.

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The 3rd back is just holding a roster spot untill quinn comes back game 3. If zeke doesnt report they probably keep morris untill he does.