Video: DC.com writers predict 53-man roster

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So only 2 rb's?

I would go that way because I think we can get Chunn to the practice squad or Weber. And I really don't think if anything happened to the first two that either would be that much help to us. I think we would need to find a starting-caliber back if that happened. If something happened to both backs during the same game (which isn't likely) then we would be just as well off riding it out with Olawale IMO.

We don't need to carry Chunn just to make him either inactive each week or play him on special teams. We've got better players we would have to lose in order to do that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
A 55 page slideshow? I'll wait for the actual results.
Yeah,the fad that maximizes ad time and site exposure isterrible for the actual viewer.
Cant stand them.

Maybe someone will post the list

Cowboys22

Reaction score
March over Phillips would be a huge mistake. I see no reason for Darian Thompson to make it. I think a 4th safety should come via trade or a surprise cut.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I think there's going to be some major surprises. We've already heard rumors of teams calling about trades too. I honestly think a lot of these positions are going to be really hard choices for management and I think some will come down to the wire. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I'm really going out on a limb here guys...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
March over Phillips would be a huge mistake. I see no reason for Darian Thompson to make it. I think a 4th safety should come via trade or a surprise cut.
Cowboys like Thompson and he is better than Iloka, and around the same with Frazier. I think it comes down to Frazier or Thompson but they go with Thompson because of his coverage ability

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jackson return kicks, last I checked that's special teams. Jackson is the better catcher, blocker and runner on top of that.

They need coverage players. They’ve got multiple returners.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Where is this Jordan Chunn over hype coming from? I don't think he makes it over Jackson or Morris and I highly doubt they only take 2 backs on the final roster.
Ive seen Broaddus amd Fisher talk him up as the #3 HB, filling a Rod Smith type role. Dont know of they got any inside info, or if its just Fisher parroting Broaddus.

Im not a fan though

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Ive seen Broaddus amd Fisher talk him up as the #3 HB, filling a Rod Smith type role. Dont know of they got any inside info, or if its just Fisher parroting Broaddus.

Im not a fan though
Chunn hasn't done anything these other guys haven't. No way the Cowboys go into the season with just Pollard and Chunn. It's not happening no matter what Fisher or Broaddus say.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Chunn hasn't done anything these other guys haven't. No way the Cowboys go into the season with just Pollard and Chunn. It's not happening no matter what Fisher or Broaddus say.
I was in favor of cutting him and bringing in a another young HB into camp the second game. At least take a look at a different young back that may be PS worthy. I had seen all I needed tonsee of Chunn