News: DC: Dak Focused On Learning From “Sloppy Game” - Not Talk Of Team’s QB Situation

NewsBot

Reaction score
Wednesday, November 02, 2016 4:26 PM CDT
448f8b73e3c3ed15ea4097fa8d1de3d6-75x75.jpg

By Rob Phillips
@robphillips3

FRISCO, Texas – Dak Prescott knows exactly what contributed to “probably my most sloppy game I feel like I’ve played this season early.” He spent Wednesday’s practice trying to correct it.

“I know for one, it was my feet and a couple bad decisions with the ball that were a little careless,” he said, referring his slow start in the Cowboys’ 29-23 overtime win over the Philadelphia Eagles. “Definitely clean those up and get my feet in the ground and make smarter decisions.”

Prescott has his feet on the ground when it comes to constant public speculation about the Cowboys’ quarterback situation, though – the rookie leading the team to a 6-1 start while longtime starter Tony Romo gets closer to a return from his August back injury – and what the decision might eventually be.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

windjc

Reaction score
I wonder what the QB room was like when they watched film..

I don't know but it was about the most poor throwing performance I've seen from a cowboy since Leaf. Testament to Daks ability to win. He looked like Tebow out there throwing the ball.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know but it was about the most poor throwing performance I've seen from a cowboy since Leaf. Testament to Daks ability to win. He looked like Tebow out there throwing the ball.
Really? I don't know that I would go that far. We've had alot of duds since Leaf. lol

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
If not for all those penalties, I bet he would have had a better game. Those penalties put a big cloud over Dak's head.

JDSmith

Reaction score
If not for all those penalties, I bet he would have had a better game. Those penalties put a big cloud over Dak's head.

I think it was the jump throws more than the penalties. I'm sure he wasn't watching film and blaming the refs. Which is why he's going to learn from this and just get better.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He has the will and drive to work at correcting the problem, not worried about that at all. Fix those and he is well on his way to being our franchise QB.

If we are still talking about his mechanics and footwork in a couple more years, start becoming concerned :cool:

For now, this is just a growing pain that is correctable.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score

Since Leaf?????? Hahahahaha I can name you 5 games Romo played off the top of my head that was worse.

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
Really? I don't know that I would go that far. We've had alot of duds since Leaf. lol

Weeden, Stoerner, Hutch, Carter, Romo, Henson, Cassel, Testaverde all had worse games than Sunday, and that's just off the top of my head. An absurd claim.

windjc

Reaction score
Weeden, Stoerner, Hutch, Carter, Romo, Henson, Cassel, Testaverde all had worse games than Sunday, and that's just off the top of my head. An absurd claim.
I didnt say worse games. READ. I said worse throwing performances. Dak's throws, minus a few, looked horrible for 3+ quarters.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Romo threw interceptions, but he never missed receivers by 15 feet all over the field for three quarters.

Then my conclusion is that you have selective memory. Go watch Romo's stinkers and you will see him miss his targets all game including throwing to the other team. Does anyone not remember Buffalo in 2007? 5 interceptions!

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
I didnt say worse games. READ. I said worse throwing performances. Dak's throws, minus a few, looked horrible for 3+ quarters.

I know what you said. I pointed out why it was totally absurd. Another with amnesia. This is really a huge problem here.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
Then my conclusion is that you have selective memory. Go watch Romo's stinkers and you will see him miss his targets all game including throwing to the other team. Does anyone not remember Buffalo in 2007? 5 interceptions!

He threw 5 picks against the Bears in 2012 as well

windjc

Reaction score
Dak threw the ball so far from receivers it couldn't be picked. Romo never ever consistently missed receivers by 10 yards. He also never had a 20 incompletion game with as few # of throws as Dak has had in two games already.

Dak is a winner. So far. But he was terrible against the Eagles for most the game. Like REALLY bad.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Romo threw interceptions, but he never missed receivers by 15 feet all over the field for three quarters.

Right now Romo is better at:

1. throwing the ball
2. reading the defenses
3. making presnap adjustments to pick up blitzes and change routes.

The fantastic news is: Dak has an INCREDIBLE ceiling and Tony is going to help coach him up. It can't be stressed often enough: when you look at Dak, you are seeing a rookie QB who's not only in his 1st year in the NFL, he's in his first year RUNNING A PRO STYLE OFFENSE.

Dak is still learning a style of football Romo's been playing since 2003. 3, 5 and 7 step dropbacks, play action handoffs, it's all still new to him.

You're watching a rookie still learning to play in this kind offense take this team to 6-1.

Romo is still the better option at QB, and he'll play when he's healthy and 100%, but it's clear this isn't going to be his team for much longer. And he's fine with that and doing all he can to help Dak get ready to be the full time starter.