News: DC: Dak Focused On Learning From “Sloppy Game” - Not Talk Of Team’s QB Situation

windjc

Reaction score
Right now Romo is better at:

1. throwing the ball
2. reading the defenses
3. making presnap adjustments to pick up blitzes and change routes.

The fantastic news is: Dak has an INCREDIBLE ceiling and Tony is going to help coach him up. It can't be stressed often enough: when you look at Dak, you are seeing a rookie QB who's not only in his 1st year in the NFL, he's in his first year RUNNING A PRO STYLE OFFENSE.

Dak is still learning a style of football Romo's been playing since 2003. 3, 5 and 7 step dropbacks, play action handoffs, it's all still new to him.

You're watching a rookie still learning to play in this kind offense take this team to 6-1.

Romo is still the better option at QB, and he'll play when he's healthy and 100%, but it's clear this isn't going to be his team for much longer. And he's fine with that and doing all he can to help Dak get ready to be the full time starter.

I agree with most of what you wrote and hope you are right about the rest of it.

We should remember that Tim Tebow also won a bunch of games in a row. But he did so with terrible play and a winning attitude. It only lasted so long. Dak needs to get his stuff cleaned up.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But really, can we have not ONE thread be about Romo or Dak? I mean, damn. Dak acknowledged he had issues in his last game. I make a funny about the QB room and all of you are off and running.

Y'all make it hard to just like the team.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Dak threw the ball so far from receivers it couldn't be picked. Romo never ever consistently missed receivers by 10 yards. He also never had a 20 incompletion game with as few # of throws as Dak has had in two games already.

Dak is a winner. So far. But he was terrible against the Eagles for most the game. Like REALLY bad.

Yes but slipping past Romo when trying to find a comparison is just absurd. Romo has had several awful games and has looked as bad if not worse.

windjc

Reaction score
Yes but slipping past Romo when trying to find a comparison is just absurd. Romo has had several awful games and has looked as bad if not worse.
Romo's accuracy has never been as bad as Daks last game. Ever. Romo's decision making? Sure. Accuracy, never.

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
Dak threw the ball so far from receivers it couldn't be picked. Romo never ever consistently missed receivers by 10 yards. He also never had a 20 incompletion game with as few # of throws as Dak has had in two games already.

Dak is a winner. So far. But he was terrible against the Eagles for most the game. Like REALLY bad.

Romo was 79.4 in 4 games last year. Sunday Dak was......79.8. OMG so bad!!!! :lmao2:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I don't know but it was about the most poor throwing performance I've seen from a cowboy since Leaf. Testament to Daks ability to win. He looked like Tebow out there throwing the ball.
Did you see Cassel's first game last year?

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
I don't know but it was about the most poor throwing performance I've seen from a cowboy since Leaf. Testament to Daks ability to win. He looked like Tebow out there throwing the ball.

What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

weaver21

Reaction score
Another thread filled with more Romo trashing, why am I not surprised...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about Dez on that post route and Rayne underthrows him by at least 5 yards?

Romo could throw it better lefty.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just can't with this thread. The performance was bad enough. I'm not dealing with this guy's bad attitude. I'm out.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I can see it now....

Elway & Tebow situation all over....

Dak leads us to the promised land, only to benched then sent packing.....

Garrett later states "Just can't win with an erratic thrower, had to adjust our whole game plan down just for Dak" "Romo is just the best option"

kevm3

Reaction score
If Dak's worst game results in a victory in one of the better defenses in the league, I'll take it. He knows he has things to improve on, so if we're seeing this now, imagine when he really puts everything together and develops chemistry with Dez.