Video: DC: Dalton Schultz: Gaining a Lot of Confidence

fivetwos

Reaction score
Both good, not great....and certainly not what is standing between Dallas and a divisional playoff win.

jnday

Reaction score
Jarwin all day. Schultz was solid as a replacement, but most likely they’ll see a 70/30 split w/Jarwin healthy again. Dallas is gifted having both.
Schultz improves dramatically last year and he improved quite a bit. Dallas needs more of these players that are not too expensive and have lower salary cap hits. I like him a lot because of the improvements that he has made.

conner01

Reaction score
Jarwin all day. Schultz was solid as a replacement, but most likely they’ll see a 70/30 split w/Jarwin healthy again. Dallas is gifted having both.
My guess is more 50/50 with some sets having both
But we shall see
Both bring something a bit different
Jarwin has good speed to get down the seam and Schultz just gets open
More than likely one won’t be here next year
We aren’t gonna have two TE on second contracts so both have something to prove which is great

plasticman

Reaction score
An underrated competitor, a real team player.

Dalton Schultz was the 3rd ranked TE in the league for receptions. That shouldn't be ignored.

I like Jarwin, of course, we have discussed his potential for seasons. However, what has he produced so far? This is not criticism, just a reality check.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I opt to extend Shultz contract, if possible.
You want these type of players, these type of personalities on the team, in the locker room, and on the field.
Having Jarwin returning is great, but would we have found out what we know now about Shultz if not for Jarwins injury?
This has intrigued me, and Dak has twin side arms fully loaded IMO.
Im looking forward to how Dak can totally exploit defenses with a couple of under the radar TEs that are going to be a bigger part of the game script than most are expecting.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Dalton Schultz was the 3rd ranked TE in the league for receptions. That shouldn't be ignored.

I like Jarwin, of course, we have discussed his potential for seasons. However, what has he produced so far? This is not criticism, just a reality check.
The reality is Jarwin is a Giant-killer. For whatever reason, Jarwin has caught 11 passes on 12 targets for 200 yards and five touchdowns against the Giants in his career. We don't need to be choosing between these two TEs in the first place. We have room for both of them on this team.

Last edited:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Yeah, I would not pencil in Jarwin as the starter at TE just yet. He has to beat out Schultz and Schultz has to beat out Jarwin. And both have to beat out the UFAs.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah, I would not pencil in Jarwin as the starter at TE just yet. He has to beat out Schultz and Schultz has to beat out Jarwin. And both have to beat out the UFAs.
Envision Coop, Lamb, Gallup, Jarwin and Schultz and what you could do out of that spread. Is it a spread?

Mannix

Reaction score
Great guy....good player...but he should NOT be the starter!!!

Techsass

Reaction score
I'm a little more on the Schultz bandwagon because I think he is a little more versatile. At the same time Jarwin destroys NY who we have to see twice every year.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Schultz is getting too much media attention. First the Dak comment, and now this. He's gonna jinx himself, get hurt in the 3rd preseason game, and end up on IR. We all know the moment we start to gain confidence in a player, the wheels come off. Pace yourself, Mr. Schultz. Pace yourself.