Video: DC: Dalton Schultz: Gaining a Lot of Confidence

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Jarwin all day. Schultz was solid as a replacement, but most likely they’ll see a 70/30 split w/Jarwin healthy again. Dallas is gifted having both.
Don't see where all this Jarwin love comes from. He's never done anything. Schultz did better last year (other than game 1) than I expected Jarwin would do, and I had high hopes for Jarwin.

I'll be happy if he does just as well as Schultz did last year. And if he does even better, well, even better.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Don't see where all this Jarwin love comes from. He's never done anything. Schultz did better last year (other than game 1) than I expected Jarwin would do, and I had high hopes for Jarwin.

I'll be happy if he does just as well as Schultz did last year. And if he does even better, well, even better.
You can't hold last year against Jarwin, he was injured. In training camp, Schultz has never outperformed Jarwin so this coming camp will be interesting. If only we played the Giants every game... Jarwin would have a HOF career.

Havic

Reaction score
Need to find a way to get Schultz snaps, he was too good for us last year to ride the pine

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
You can't hold last year against Jarwin, he was injured. In training camp, Schultz has never outperformed Jarwin so this coming camp will be interesting. If only we played the Giants every game... Jarwin would have a HOF career.

If you can't hold anything against Jarwin for last year then you must also factor in Schultz performance despite the state of the OL and QB.

I feel Schultz was outstanding considering who was throwing him the ball and the lack of protection those QB's enjoyed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you can't hold anything against Jarwin for last year then you must also factor in Schultz performance despite the state of the OL and QB.

I feel Schultz was outstanding considering who was throwing him the ball and the lack of protection those QB's enjoyed.
I'm not taking anything away from what Schultz accomplished last season. He done good! But again, he's competing with Jarwin at training camp for the starting job. I don't see him fairing any better than any other season, thus far. We can agree to disagree about this but we'll see soon enough who gets the starting TE job. I like Schultz, I wish him the best of luck.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I'm not taking anything away from what Schultz accomplished last season. He done good! But again, he's competing with Jarwin at training camp for the starting job. I don't see him fairing any better than any other season, thus far. We can agree to disagree about this but we'll see soon enough who gets the starting TE job. I like Schultz, I wish him the best of luck.
The way I see it Jarwin is competing with Shultz for the starting job Shultz earned it last season

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The best ability is availability. I heard it said that Zeke is better than Barkley, because Zeke never gets hurt. Well that makes Shultz better than Jarwin in my book.

Hardline

Reaction score
These guys are serviceable.
For as long as I been watching Cowboys football they've had pro Bowl level TEs.
There is a stud elite level TE coming out of the 2022 draft from Texas A&M that would look great in this offense.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You need players that kill every team. Not just one.
If you are suggesting that's Schultz, you're wrong. Jarwin is a killer of 1 of our 3 division foes that we play twice a year, every year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jarwin all day. Schultz was solid as a replacement, but most likely they’ll see a 70/30 split w/Jarwin healthy again. Dallas is gifted having both.

I think Jarwin is a specialty player because he isn't a good blocker. I think Schultz is a starter type because he proved effective as a blocker and receiver.

Hardline

Reaction score
If you are suggesting that's Schultz, you're wrong. Jarwin is a killer of 1 of our 3 division foes that we play twice a year, every year.
I'm referring to Jarwin.
He balls out against the Giants but needs to play that way no matter the opponent.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm referring to Jarwin.
He balls out against the Giants but needs to play that way no matter the opponent.
The fact he's shown that ability against the Giants should be encouraging that he can have that kind of performance against other opponents.

DanA

Reaction score
Jarwin’s best games are much better than Shultz’s but Shultz season last year was solid and actually makes him the more experienced/proven option. Jarwin is my pick to win the starting job but it’s close enough that IMO it could easily go either way.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
My guess is more 50/50 with some sets having both
But we shall see
Both bring something a bit different
Jarwin has good speed to get down the seam and Schultz just gets open
More than likely one won’t be here next year
We aren’t gonna have two TE on second contracts so both have something to prove which is great

Schultz in a contract year. Barring another injury to Jarwin, and soon, I don't see how Schultz is possibly with the team next year.