News: DC: Jerry Jones Officially Announces His Presenter For Hall of Fame Induction

CCBoy

Reaction score
LOL -- Jerry might make some poor decisions as a GM but he sure knows what side his bread is buttered on! :)

Most of these ring tapers can't manage their own check books, much less finance the very top of the line stadium in a National financial crisis. He accomplished that through his own workings, and then during a lock-out turned a team's personnel a completely around. Then in two of the last three seasons, have the NFC's team with the top winning record...and still continue the rebuild on the roster.

I won't even humor the crap tossers in a thread that starts off honoring his wife...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Most of these ring tapers can't manage their own check books, much less finance the very top of the line stadium in a National financial crisis. He accomplished that through his own workings, and then during a lock-out turned a team's personnel a completely around. Then in two of the last three seasons, have the NFC's team with the top winning record...and still continue the rebuild on the roster.

I won't even humor the crap tossers in a thread that starts off honoring his wife...

As an owner, he's fine & dandy. Sing his praises all you like -- but as a GM, he still couldn't finagle his way out of a paper bag. As long as he stays out of the way in that area, the team will be all the better off for it. Let's face it . . . he's no Will McClay. I'll honor him all day as an owner, though, just like most of us and that goes for his wife as well. If that doesn't suit you, I can easily live with it.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
As an owner, he's fine & dandy. Sing his praises all you like -- but as a GM, he still couldn't finagle his way out of a paper bag. As long as he stays out of the way in that area, the team will be all the better off for it. Let's face it . . . he's no Will McClay. I'll honor him all day as an owner, though, just like most of us and that goes for his wife as well. If that doesn't suit you, I can easily live with it.
Great post, Bull :dance:

CCBoy

Reaction score

Don't worry, I'm not inviting you to attend his inauguration into the Hall for more than just being an owner. This is the wrong forum for an agenda basting, even if you receive cheering from others that feel self empowered to do just that on a respectful thread started. Naw, that is on you and your buddies.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Here, let me follow the lack of logic followed:

Long before there was fake news, there were fake autographs. No less than the third president of the United States, Thomas Jefferson, employed a device that would automatically duplicate his signature on an adjoining document. More recently, President Obama used a so-called “autopen” to affix his signature on both the Patriot Act extension and the fiscal cliff bill.

And now, it seems, Dak Prescott, quarterback and hero of the Dallas Cowboys, has sparked headlines by allegedly automatically autographing a few football trading cards. Oh, the humanity. Prescott’s heretofore choir boy image is being assailed as “tarnished.” Real Al Capone stuff.
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/gil-lebreton/article159927299.html

....now I attempt to associate with the current insults intended by others on thus thread...and this is all because Jerry Jones is not a GM and is a 'sexual deviant' as well. That always leaves a valid discussion on merit for Jerry Jones, avoided and ignored. Way to go, Chaos...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The topic is Jerry Jones asked his wife, Gene, to present him to the HOF. Keep it on topic. There will be no further message bans just benchings if you insist of getting into areas best left for a rant in another zone. If you have a problem with a post then report it and do not respond to it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm not inviting you to attend his inauguration into the Hall for more than just being an owner. This is the wrong forum for an agenda basting, even if you receive cheering from others that feel self empowered to do just that on a respectful thread started. Naw, that is on you and your buddies.

I don't recall asking anyone for an invitation to Jerry's enshrinement. I'm not sure I'll even take the time out to watch it on TV, so I'll gladly reconcile myself to your pretentious rejection. I think you'd benefit by allowing your sensitivities to subside before getting hostile so easily. It tends to rub people the wrong way, if you haven't noticed by now. But that's OK, just keep on being angry and judgmental if it suits you. Evidently, it does.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't recall asking anyone for an invitation to Jerry's enshrinement. I'm not sure I'll even take the time out to watch it on TV, so I'll gladly reconcile myself to your pretentious rejection. I think you'd benefit by allowing your sensitivities to subside before getting hostile so easily. It tends to rub people the wrong way, if you haven't noticed by now. But that's OK, just keep on being angry and judgmental if it suits you. Evidently, it does.

Go to the rant zone...

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Funny you should say that -- you didn't . . . try following your own advice.
Just ignore that guy, Bull. He's incapable of debate without slandering folks.

Last edited:

haleyrules

Reaction score
why would we? he is a great owner, just a bad GM ;)
You know what...if Jerry was truly a great owner...he would have hired a real GM long ago. I say that realising he has made some serious changes for the good in the last 5 yrs. But,for years before that...it was painfull for ordinary fans.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Funny you should say that -- you didn't . . . try following your own advice.

Look, if the statement on intent applies, you just violated it...as that Invite to the rant board is a direct invitation. I did take a discussion to the rant zone, where that is allowed. But you remained insultive, I, as has been stated...objected to the arrogant insulting of Jerry and not understanding, respect does not include blatant accusations of morale degradance...in a discussion for a newly elected Hall of Famer.

The running mates you support above, did just that...and I objected to what they chose to insult with...disrespectful and an arrogant joy in pushing that into a personal level. I responded, FIRST, on issue and was ignored...check it out.

Before you again, make things personal, and go out of your way to do so again, take these types of insults, as was directed by a monitor...TO THAT op and show these things there. Friend.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You know what...if Jerry was truly a great owner...he would have hired a real GM long ago. I say that realising he has made some serious changes for the good in the last 5 yrs. But,for years before that...it was painfull for ordinary fans.

You haven't studied the winning effectiveness of owners who knew enough about football to actually serve as both, owner and GM. As a group, they are more successful than the other group that have to rely upon a GM with generalized NFL insights.

Jerry improved those about him...and has continually attempted to do so from the beginning. He also brought in Bill Parcells, a strong Head Coach. It's not just a matter of a poor GM that created needs and some failures. Bill created the cap space deficits just now being put away,when he paid high for older offensive linemen and then the Cowboys were stuck with there cap hits when they could no longer answer the bell and go onto the carpet. More was involved than just a described arrogance of Jerry Jones.