Video: DC: La'el Collins: I'm A Team Player

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
No...being naturally gifted with size and ability and taking advantage of it...that grind. And having guys like you watching them and cheering for them....that grind.

That's the type of response I figured I get.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
No...being naturally gifted with size and ability and taking advantage of it...that grind. And having guys like you watching them and cheering for them....that grind.
Having abdominal surgery and realizing that my legs are everything, if I want to move right now...

My hips are grinding, yo!

Lol.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Having abdominal surgery and realizing that my legs are everything, if I want to move right now...

My hips are grinding, yo!

Lol.
I have no cartilage in my knees or right ankle from my grind.....

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Smart man, I guess....your response was pretty typical too.....

You were out over your skis a bit. Probably should bother to ask what people's life experiences are before attributing characteristics and motivations to strangers... and before you consider turning that statement back on me, you should read it carefully. I made no mention of anything about Collin's character or actions. I simply said that words mean very little compared to performance.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You were out over your skis a bit. Probably should bother to ask what people's life experiences are before attributing characteristics and motivations to strangers... and before you consider turning that statement back on me, you should read it carefully. I made no mention of anything about Collin's character or actions. I simply said that words mean very little compared to performance.
You said that was the response you figured to get and now your cry about it? If you figured that was the response you would get and not like it, why post your comment? Lol!! Some of you guys are just too funny!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say like taking 15 credit hours a semester in Finance/Accounting, doing homework, working a work study job and two part time jobs and spending 30+ hours (probably more like 40 due to the games and travel) a week playing D1 baseball? That kind of grind?
BTW I took 19 hours and 22 hours my senior year in college and worked 48 hours a week in a factory....graduated at 21 and retired at 50...worked close to 90 hours a week in the fall and about 65 the rest of the year as an AD....I know a bit about grinding.....so spare me your sob story

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
You said that was the response you figured to get and now your cry about it? If you figured that was the response you would get and not like it, why post your comment? Lol!! Some of you guys are just too funny!

Not crying, its called pushing back against the BS spewn by people who make generalizations about people they know nothing about and when presented with facts, either won't admit they were out of line or continue to demean them. Nice job.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not crying, its called pushing back against the BS spewn by people who make generalizations about people they know nothing about and when presented with facts, either won't admit they were out of line or continue to demean them. Nice job.
I forgive you for being out of line and not having a clue as to my character or knowledge....

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
BTW I took 19 hours and 22 hours my senior year in college and worked 48 hours a week in a factory....graduated at 21 and retired at 50...worked close to 90 hours a week in the fall and about 65 the rest of the year as an AD....I know a bit about grinding.....so spare me your sob story

Good for you. And rather than insult you like you did me, I applaud your efforts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Holy Richard Simmons, He looks fat again!
so ridiculous!!:angry:

thee types of posts from dang fan on his little keyboard just never makes sense..hes an OL and hes always been big..Tsmith is an anomaly, most OL are not built time that they are built like Collins..:facepalm:

newsflash zekes never been fat either..just ignortant fan talk..

johneric8

Reaction score
so ridiculous!!:angry:

thee types of posts from dang fan on his little keyboard just never makes sense..hes an OL and hes always been big..Tsmith is an anomaly, most OL are not built time that they are built like Collins..:facepalm:

newsflash zekes never been fat either..just ignortant fan talk..
Bro, you have to understand where my mind was at when I made that comment.. I followed Collins journey of fitness all through the off-season and was surprised he worked so hard to get lean, in fact he was proud of losing weight but trying to keep his speed and strength... When I saw the current photo and knowing all he has been through I really wasn't surprised, but if I'm being honest, there is a part of me that wonders if he got lazy during his time off? I mean, he's got to know that what happened with missing drug test gave him a horrible reputation with the fans and team right? Most likely the guy is suffering from a bit of denial right now, and since he has proven nothing since the Big Mike era, his stock is down and weight is up.. Just facts..

johneric8

Reaction score
Good! He's an OL player not a RB!
Look, the guy has put on 50 pounds in 5 weeks, I know that was not his intention.. He was proud of his weight loss journey at the start of training camp.. Color me surprised that is all.. Sure he may be a better player now that he is fat, but it doesn't diminish the fact that he was proud of his leaner physique a mere few weeks ago! :thumbup:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He might be now but he sure as heck made a stink about not playing guard in the past. He is too good to cut him, but I hope hiss issues are behind him so he can ball out wherever they put him.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look, the guy has put on 50 pounds in 5 weeks, I know that was not his intention.. He was proud of his weight loss journey at the start of training camp.. Color me surprised that is all.. Sure he may be a better player now that he is fat, but it doesn't diminish the fact that he was proud of his leaner physique a mere few weeks ago! :thumbup:
Fat? Lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bro, you have to understand where my mind was at when I made that comment.. I followed Collins journey of fitness all through the off-season and was surprised he worked so hard to get lean, in fact he was proud of losing weight but trying to keep his speed and strength... When I saw the current photo and knowing all he has been through I really wasn't surprised, but if I'm being honest, there is a part of me that wonders if he got lazy during his time off? I mean, he's got to know that what happened with missing drug test gave him a horrible reputation with the fans and team right? Most likely the guy is suffering from a bit of denial right now, and since he has proven nothing since the Big Mike era, his stock is down and weight is up.. Just facts..
did you weigh him , you sneak in the locker room to catch a shot of him in his skivvies?? i mean hes wearing a loose t-shirt from the waste up in an interview and you proclaim hes fat,,

so no i stand by my first reaction and he hasnt lost his job.. check back in 2 weeks and we can talk..ok fat head:laugh: