Video: DC: Marc Colombo: "Old-School" Approach

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marc Colombo: "Old-School" Approach

smu9engje1cqky1nhbi7

Marc Colombo discusses his style as the Cowboys' new offensive line coach and where the line can improve.

Read Full Story

Centex

Reaction score
I like what he says. I think Houck is here to mentor Colombo in the art of coaching instead of actually being a coach himself.

I am excited about this. Colombo is well spoken. He has played at a high level, he is tough. He is nasty. He understands what needs to be done. He is someone that can be looked up to by the players. He may be a really great coach. And I don't think he gives a crap about ketchup bottle technique.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's still such a head scratcher that the organization wanted to scrap the zone blocking scheme after completely dominating with it the last few years. Good that we're going back to what worked; I just hope it's not too late to make a difference this season

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Liked the interview. Between the coaching change and Cooper trade and the bye week— I have a feeling we thump the Titans pretty well.

Atlanta, Philly, Wash will all be great tests that will show us who we are and forge this team’s identity for 2018.

We go 3-1 or better over the next four games and we just might grow some swagger and peak as a young team and make some noise.

2-2 or worse and put a fork in us (and hopefully Garrett)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I like what he says. I think Houck is here to mentor Colombo in the art of coaching instead of actually being a coach himself.

I am excited about this. Colombo is well spoken. He has played at a high level, he is tough. He is nasty. He understands what needs to be done. He is someone that can be looked up to by the players. He may be a really great coach. And I don't think he gives a crap about ketchup bottle technique.
totally agree. columbo is the next great OL coach and Houck is here to pass some wisdom

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Someone please post the gif of him pushing the “pile on” guy in the air.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Is there anything more annoying than all this hyped up "iTs oLdScHoOl!!!", crap?

I don't care if its oldschool, new school, or came from the school of kids who cant read good, just make sure it works.

Anything else is completely secondary.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The transition back will be easy and I think it may help Connor also. Look for a nasty O-Line Monday night.

Pants

Reaction score
Is there anything more annoying than all this hyped up "iTs oLdScHoOl!!!", crap?

I don't care if its oldschool, new school, or came from the school of kids who cant read good, just make sure it works.

Anything else is completely secondary.

no, that's the other side of the ball, K Richard has that covered :D