Video: DC: Marc Colombo: "Old-School" Approach

Hailmary

Reaction score
Liked all he had to say, but fact remains that we have a declining Smith, Fredericks is still out and Martin is a bit banged up. Collins will be the biggest beneficiary from the coaching change. Williams needs an off season to put on weight.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Someone please post the gif of him pushing the “pile on” guy in the air.

colombo-vs-d-hall_medium.gif

lostar2009

Reaction score
Love it!! “Learned from bill and frank” “ getting back to our old ways” line will be better.

The offensive line wasn't good when Bill was here. It's about where it's at now. If they didn't take flyers on Gurode and Flo, then gamble on Columbo (who was always getting beat) it would have been a mess.

jnday

Reaction score
It's still such a head scratcher that the organization wanted to scrap the zone blocking scheme after completely dominating with it the last few years. Good that we're going back to what worked; I just hope it's not too late to make a difference this season
They will not abandon the zone blocking scheme entirely. This will run elements of man to man blocking with some zone schemes. The olives from the 90’s did the same thing.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm buying in...I think this might actually work. This O-line needed an attitude adjustment....as much as it needed to be reshuffled. I'll be disappointed if they trot out the same group. Conner Williams has been holding this group back....hopefully that will be addressed.:rolleyes:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Marc Colombo: "Old-School" Approach

smu9engje1cqky1nhbi7

Marc Colombo discusses his style as the Cowboys' new offensive line coach and where the line can improve.

Read Full Story

Great interview. I don't know why we never considered him to be the oline coach in the first place. Who's great idea was it to hire Paul Alexander and implement a different style into our offense?

Oh wait, must have been Garrett.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now that I've finally had a chance to watch the video, I only have one question: Has Marc Colombo ever smiled in his life? It's cool if he has, but even better if he hasn't.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Just heard that it was JG fault Pollack left. He waited to make a decision to keep him. When your O-Line is your strength why would you even wonder whether to keep the coach?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Just heard that it was JG fault Pollack left. He waited to make a decision to keep him. When your O-Line is your strength why would you even wonder whether to keep the coach?
I still believe the Chaz Green debacle left a bad taste in their mouths with Pollack.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love it!! “Learned from bill and frank” “ getting back to our old ways” line will be better.

I was happy to hear him primarily reference "what this group has done since 2014 when he joined the Cowboys staff" He also specifically said "pass blocking" when he credited Houck which is good because I read into it that he'll focus on the Callahan style of run blocking and NOT the Houck style.

Jerry really should have made Callahan a ridiculous $$ offer to stay despite the fact that Callahan hated Garrett.

I would love to hear more specifics on what Paul Alexander was teaching, but we the fans will never hear much more than the fact that it was a different style.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I still believe the Chaz Green debacle left a bad taste in their mouths with Pollack.
Understood but Chaz is Chaz. It should have been up to JG to have him replaced in the game. Or Linehan. Was a game management decision not a line coaches. Jimmy Johnson would have put him on the bench after he gave up the second sack.

cern

Reaction score
Worst move of the off season. Made no sense whatsoever. Chaz green should have been fired after Atlanta game. Can't put that on pollack.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Now that I've finally had a chance to watch the video, I only have one question: Has Marc Colombo ever smiled in his life? It's cool if he has, but even better if he hasn't.
Maybe when he was drafted and was young whipper snapper but after those leg injuries and those years lost in his prime and on the back end probably not.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to see how he does............he's been there and knows what it takes to get there.