News: DC: Not Much Buzz Around Maliek Collins

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I actually think the D-line got fed up w/ Marinelli....and went about 70% of the time. I'd like to see these cats under a new coach...I can't blame them for quitting.
I don't think the DL was not trying.

They were just trying too hard doing the wrong thing.

You have my sympathies, Raiders. He can ruin their DL going forward for a while too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see any way Collins returns. The Cowboys have too many other needs to spend their money on that's a rotational defensive lineman who flashed but never developed consistency. You can't afford to spend your money there, especially given the other needs.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Well no doubt he's not a star but no one is suggesting he is. Maliek was long down on the list of what was wrong with this team. So if there's a chance to bring him in at a solid price then i'd look into it. But I think it was always assumed he'd test free agency and get a nice check. I'm sure that's going to be a lot of guys in free agency. He may be average here but with a real coaching staff they may feel like they can get more out of him.

No broken foot this year. Played every game. 4 sacks from DT. Someone else loves some stat on him as one of the top 25 pass rushers per snap.

When we had Woods with Collins, we were 6-4. 2-4 without Woods. Big deal if we can get Collins back cheap. We have a huge need at 3T without him. Woods, Hill, and Ross(as RFA) are all we have at DT. That's just sad.

If Collins isn't back, I bet Crawford will be.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't see any way Collins returns. The Cowboys have too many other needs to spend their money on that's a rotational defensive lineman who flashed but never developed consistency.

RDT is our biggest need. Collins fills it. If we can get him cheap we should take him.

You want to start Hill? Ross? Crawford?

Carson

Reaction score
RDT is our biggest need. Collins fills it. If we can get him cheap we should take him.

You want to start Hill? Ross? Crawford?

I see him coming back on the cheaper side. Tons of talent at DT in this market.

Jones, Reader, L.Williams, Hargreaves, Armstead, Pierce, Brockers, Jefferson and Suh all rated higher than Collins.

He should go wave two or three. But the market for a pay day will dry up quickly

Kwyn

Reaction score
Why should there be?

He is and always has been a mediocre player.

But we have always had a habit of overrating our talent.
Well, we are about to be shopping at the empty lot across from Home Depot for several vacant defensive spots. If you are our only halfway decent defensive tackle, can you be overrated?

plymkr

Reaction score
I can blame them for quitting. THat being said, I didn't see anyone quit. I just don't think I saw guys being coached up.
We saw them getting clapped up but not coached up. I can't wait to see the difference.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He had a couple of good games early and then all but disappeared. Seems to play better with limited opportunities. Another rotational piece posing as a starter. Upgrade needed badly....

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
We absolutely need to be turning over this roster as much as possible.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He makes a few plays. I would offer him top 5 money like we did the other Collins. And they may have and he wants to test the market. Don’t see him getting offers of more.

nobody

Reaction score
I can blame them for quitting. THat being said, I didn't see anyone quit. I just don't think I saw guys being coached up.

There was definitely quit in that second Eagles game... but most of this past season's quitting came from the coaches. They quit coaching.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Even though Collins had one of his best seasons last year, I don't see Dallas holding on to him being money, youth & change seem to be their priorities on the DL.

Proof

Reaction score
He was a 4th round pick. No one but CZ ever saw him as some "freakish athlete" with "huge potential".

I did. He got me with that off season workout hype video a few years ago :muttley: