DC talking heads on Cowboy's website seemed to be calling out Dak

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The irony is that I accused 3 people of it on this site.......and you were one of the 3......it is what it is man. Don't hate the messenger.
I hate nobody. It is just a shame some of you people are so inferior in your thinking.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I hate nobody. It is just a shame some of you people are so inferior in your thinking.
You're entitled to that just like I'm entitled to my opinion I think you are scum among other things but no need to dig into that here. Have a nice day Phillip.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You're entitled to that just like I'm entitled to my opinion I think you are scum among other things but no need to dig into that here. Have a nice day Phillip.
you don't know me so your take only based on Dak is sad. Shows I'm super correct that you're an inferior thinker. As far as those other things you can send a Dm so I can really tell you about your types but I'm pretty sure you're too cowardly to do so.

plasticman

Reaction score
I've never been a big fan of "Come From Behind" and "Game Winning Drives" type of victories. It only tells me that you could have done this all game long if you had begun the game with that type of intensity and purpose.

I'll be honest with all of you. I really prefer the "Complete Blowout, Dominating Start, Backups Creating Turnovers In The Fourth Quarter" kind of victories. Plus, they're a little easier on the heart.

With that said, the Gods of Football have always had a twisted sense of humor when it comes to the Cowboys. before the game, if i were to ask you what the two thinnest squads are on the team, what would you have answered? TE's and LB? Probably most. And those are the two that lost starters, pretty much for the season, to be brutally honest.

LVE has gone the way of Mike Sherrard, another promising Cowboy 1st round pick with a great rookie season, only to be cursed by a series of devastating injuries. Even if LVE returns, aren't we just waiting for his next catastrophe? Cruel, sad, but isn't that the way it would feel now?

As fr as Blake Jarwin, it's easy to see that a QB like Dak could really use a "safety gap" guy that can get to that last second throw and take it upfield. Well, that guy is gone now and the role is too big for Schultz. TE, for the time being, is a non-producer on a team that desperately needed some production there. You can count on seeing more receptions by an RB. Pollard will be the recipient of more plays now.

There are 21 starters besides Dak, not to mention coaches. Trust me, there is more than enough criticism that should be spread around. I know that we Cowboy fans are far too sophisticated to place blame on a single player no matter how you personally feel about him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you don't know me so your take only based on Dak is sad. Shows I'm super correct that you're an inferior thinker. As far as those other things you can send a Dm so I can really tell you about your types but I'm pretty sure you're too cowardly to do so.
You are asking me to come to your DM and you are accusing someone of being a coward? You aren’t allowed to send dms lol? Damn......

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You are asking me to come to your DM and you are accusing someone of being a coward? You aren’t allowed to send dms lol? Damn......
I'm not asking you anything smh. Learn how to read. I said you can send a Dm if you too coward to say all this other stuff. That's not asking your inferior thinking self to do anything. I'm allowed to send them but I don't feel I need to tell you about yourself unless you want to be told what I really think of your types.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why I pulled video without the flop. It's immaterial. If it's convenient to say officials were swayed by it, hey, I get it. But why do you keep skimming over the fact that Gallup did push off? This video shows it. That's why I stopped the video at the point of the push-off to highlight it. Are you going to address it or keep avoiding it? Someone here is fighting for an award alright and it isn't me. Something to do with tap dancing. Ben Vereen would be proud. Lol.

Gallup-R.gif

See here's the thing that separates you from me. I....NEVER said Gallup never pushed off. But here you are arguing that like a fool. If you tell me you never said that I'd give you your due.

But you keep arguing this notion that I said Gallup never pushed off...no such thing happened ever.

In fact I admitted .....gallup grabbed a flag football flag or something....

But I stand by my assessment Gallup beat Ramsey. Ramsey laid out his arm to impede. Gallup fought for his space. Grab push pull.....whatever at that point.

An official should never wait to throw the flag until the play is done. Unless it is VERY overt and obvious.

This was NOT. They are both fighting for position and ball...let them play NFL football.

Now..the fact that you are STILL arguing with me about it...AND posted some HI DEF video....well you are surely in the lead for...

"I'm a WAY more objective fan than you could ever hope to be" award. I'll put a good word in to the committee.

coult44

Reaction score
Jesse Holly said , "If you want to get paid like Rogers, Mahomes, Wilson, Brees, ect....then you need to be spectacular on Sundays, not just "well he played ok". Holly said that when there is 45 seconds left on the clock and Rogers gets the ball down 4, the other team is terrified. There is a "belief he will get it done as opposed to a hope he will get it done". You do not have that with Dak.

Nick Eatman basically said Dak is not clutch, he doesnt bring the team back to win games and the stats prove it. In the Cowboys last 8 games decided by one score, the Cowboys are 1-7. Dak getting the ball back with a minuet or two and driving the team down the field for the winning score does not happen and he said he was actually getting concerned about it.

Spags, usually Mr. Sunshine, was surprisingly critical today as well. Mentioned the same 1-7 record and said they just cant win close games. He didnt really single out Dak specifically like the others, but you get what he was saying without actually saying it.

Now do I blame Dak for the loss? No, he played ok but he was not spectacular just like Holly said. Now like Eatman said, the stats do show that Dak does not win close games for whatever reason. Blame it on dropped passes, blame on poor protection, blame it on the refs with bad calls, blame it on whatever but the fact still remains the Cowboys have lost 7 of their last 8 games when the winning margin was within one score. Dak was the QB in all those games, so the question seems legit of "why cant he win close games, especially if you want to be one of the highest paid QBs in the league.

Are these in articles or on air or online somewhere?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How am I trying to do that? I said I was wasting my time which is on me....not sure how you came to the conclusion that makes me more objective than him.....I'm a Cowboy homer to a fault at times.......he doesn't even like the Cowboys I'd definitely say he's more objective on them then I am.

You asked why you were wasting your time. I told ya.
Now you are mad at me?

OH>>>it was a rhetorical question. My bad. :oops:

Edit: You didn't "ask"...I just disagreed with why you were wasting your time. :)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When you spend $100,000,000 on your offense and only $36,000,000 on defense your offense should be expected to win games. That is what we are spending on both sides of the ball this year. You can't have the same expectations for the defense as you do for the offense when you are spending slightly more than 1/3 the money on it.

The real question you should be asking is why are we spending 3 times as much money on the offense for them to only score 17 points?

The chiefs, since you brought them up, are spending $52M on defense this year or almost 50% more than we are.

https://overthecap.com/positional-spending/

no one worth the money on defense.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
See here's the thing that separates you from me. I....NEVER said Gallup never pushed off. But here you are arguing that like a fool. If you tell me you never said that I'd give you your due.

But you keep arguing this notion that I said Gallup never pushed off...no such thing happened ever.

In fact I admitted .....gallup grabbed a flag football flag or something....

But I stand by my assessment Gallup beat Ramsey. Ramsey laid out his arm to impede. Gallup fought for his space. Grab push pull.....whatever at that point.

An official should never wait to throw the flag until the play is done. Unless it is VERY overt and obvious.

This was NOT. They are both fighting for position and ball...let them play NFL football.

Now..the fact that you are STILL arguing with me about it...AND posted some HI DEF video....well you are surely in the lead for...

"I'm a WAY more objective fan than you could ever hope to be" award. I'll put a good word in to the committee.

If Gallup beat Ramsey then there was no need to push off to clear space to catch the ball. He just had to put his own hands out and make the catch with Ramsey behind him. But he pushes off behind him first, then does so. Don't forget the still shot, lol.

Gallup-Push.jpg

And I am objective, thanks for noticing. CONSPIRACY! just doesn't gel well with that, lol.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Jesse Holly said , "If you want to get paid like Rogers, Mahomes, Wilson, Brees, ect....then you need to be spectacular on Sundays, not just "well he played ok". Holly said that when there is 45 seconds left on the clock and Rogers gets the ball down 4, the other team is terrified. There is a "belief he will get it done as opposed to a hope he will get it done". You do not have that with Dak.

Nick Eatman basically said Dak is not clutch, he doesnt bring the team back to win games and the stats prove it. In the Cowboys last 8 games decided by one score, the Cowboys are 1-7. Dak getting the ball back with a minuet or two and driving the team down the field for the winning score does not happen and he said he was actually getting concerned about it.

Spags, usually Mr. Sunshine, was surprisingly critical today as well. Mentioned the same 1-7 record and said they just cant win close games. He didnt really single out Dak specifically like the others, but you get what he was saying without actually saying it.

Now do I blame Dak for the loss? No, he played ok but he was not spectacular just like Holly said. Now like Eatman said, the stats do show that Dak does not win close games for whatever reason. Blame it on dropped passes, blame on poor protection, blame it on the refs with bad calls, blame it on whatever but the fact still remains the Cowboys have lost 7 of their last 8 games when the winning margin was within one score. Dak was the QB in all those games, so the question seems legit of "why cant he win close games, especially if you want to be one of the highest paid QBs in the league.

I posted something similar yesterday, pointing out the 4th down throw to CeeDee that was stopped short. It was complete, but it wasn't an "elite level qb" throw. If it were accurate (ball caught in stride, wr doesn't have to stop to catch it) it's easily a first down and then some.

If you want to make that kind of money, you need to make that throw to CeeDee in stride. Completion % =/= Accuracy.

That being said, there have been many QB's that aren't nearly as good as Dak that have won SB's. I just don't think you should pay elite money to a non-elite QB.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I posted something similar yesterday, pointing out the 4th down throw to CeeDee that was stopped short. It was complete, but it wasn't an "elite level qb" throw. If it were accurate (ball caught in stride, wr doesn't have to stop to catch it) it's easily a first down and then some.

If you want to make that kind of money, you need to make that throw to CeeDee in stride. Completion % =/= Accuracy.

That being said, there have been many QB's that aren't nearly as good as Dak that have won SB's. I just don't think you should pay elite money to a non-elite QB.
I say this often. I feel like when he does hit a guy in stride or away from the defender it was unintentional. How often have we seen consistent leads to the right spot?

khiladi

Reaction score
That's why I pulled video without the flop. It's immaterial. If it's convenient to say officials were swayed by it, hey, I get it. But why do you keep skimming over the fact that Gallup did push off? This video shows it. That's why I stopped the video at the point of the push-off to highlight it. Are you going to address it or keep avoiding it? Someone here is fighting for an award alright and it isn't me. Something to do with tap dancing. Ben Vereen would be proud. Lol.

Gallup-R.gif

It’s still comical to me people are defending Gallup, while not even knowing the rules and this clear evidence.