Twitter: DC's David Helman puts the 2016 QBs Draft Class into perspective

Loso86

Reaction score
So, are some fans wanting Dak to get this massive deal because he can actually be a difference maker like Mahomes, or is it only because they like him?

This isn't a popularity contest. Dak is a decent QB, but its highly unlikely he is playing in the super bowl next week if he were on KC's roster instead of Mahomes. Dak just doesn't have that kind of talent and can't take the game over like Mahomes does.

If I'm paying a QB I'm paying him because I have confidence he can get me to the championship level and Dak just isn't that person. Jerry is only interested in staying relevant and interesting, and that is exactly what he is going to get by giving in to Dak's demands.
I guess only 3 or 4 qbs would be getting paid if it's up to you. Hey it doesnt work like that. Not to mention there is only idk 32 nfl teams lol. Dak is top 7 qb in this league and will get paid the sooner fans get over it the sooner fans get over it lol

Mr_437

Reaction score
Is this a prop up Dak post by trashing the other QBs in the class? Well, Goff n Wentz helped their teams to the SB while DAL can barely get to the playoffs, so that's not convincing.

Anyway, this does highlight how clueless this franchise is in grading QBs considering Dak was the last QB on their list.

Brax

Reaction score
If Goff got his team to the Super Bowl why did the Rams just trade him lol?
Because they paid him too much for what he is and the HC is in a win now mode and the $$$ will kill the team. Also Goff is unhappy with SM not starting him. This is why you do not pay Good QB's elite money, only a homer can't see this. Some GM's and HC look to better the team, here is who a buddy or a pet cat, no one knows (except DC zone "experts" ) how this trade works out until next season. Simple fact is Dak is no better or worse than either and everyone should see this, better to keep looking than be strangled by a player not worth the dollars. Dak at a fair price for a QB who hasn't accomplished anything in 5 years is fine other wise non exclusive him and say good by if anyone will pony up the 2 firsts if not let him work out a trade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because they paid him too much for what he is and the HC is in a win now mode and the $$$ will kill the team. Also Goff is unhappy with SM not starting him. This is why you do not pay Good QB's elite money, only a homer can't see this. Some GM's and HC look to better the team, here is who a buddy or a pet cat, no one knows (except DC zone "experts" ) how this trade works out until next season. Simple fact is Dak is no better or worse than either and everyone should see this, better to keep looking than be strangled by a player not worth the dollars. Dak at a fair price for a QB who hasn't accomplished anything in 5 years is fine other wise non exclusive him and say good by if anyone will pony up the 2 firsts if not let him work out a trade.
Naw you said that Goff took them to the Super Bowl so if that’s the case they could’ve cut some guys they don’t need. I mean clearly they don’t need Aaron Donald because Goff is the one who got them to the Super Bowl.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Is this a prop up Dak post by trashing the other QBs in the class? Well, Goff n Wentz helped their teams to the SB while DAL can barely get to the playoffs, so that's not convincing.

Anyway, this does highlight how clueless this franchise is in grading QBs considering Dak was the last QB on their list.
Why do you guys keep saying Goff got them to the Super Bowl? If this was true they wouldn’t have traded him lol. And anyone who said Wentz took them to the Super Bowl isn’t paying attention.....

Wangchung83

Reaction score
I said after he was drafted and every day since that Dak was the best QB in that 2016 draft class.

Give this man a healthy line and a decent defense PLEASE.
You can't have that with what dak wants, he will have a mediocre line and have to outscore teams with what he wants. People will disagree but too much money on outside and in backfield

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You see how we still suck with Dak and teams who just signed their guys are regretting those deals?

You see how Dalton wins games at the same rate for much cheaper?

Jared Goff isn’t a bust either.. Watson isn’t a bust at all.

Because you're Prescott hater you'll say anything with hopes that it's true and factual. Dalto in 12 games last season had 14 TD's or just over ONE a game and 8 picks. If it wasn't for the defense showing up in weeks 14-16 the Cowboys probably might have won one of this games. Dalton isn't anywhere close as good as Prescott and if like you say the Cowboys can't win with Prescott then they sure can't win with Dalton. One TD pass a game isn't going to win many games.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yeah.. Real casual..

Wasn’t too casual though when Dalton proved that he could win games at the same rate as Dak like I said he would though.
Tarred and feathered all year for your stupid Dalton take.

“Guys, Colin Cowherd is right!! No drop-off!!”

Dak 4th in the NFL in QBR. Dalton 26th.

They’re both free agents now. Let’s see what their 2021 salaries will be since they’re equally effective.

I’m sure Dak won’t make MUCH, MUCH more than Dalton again, right? Someone will break the bank for Mr. Capable!!!
:lmao2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tarred and feathered all year for your stupid Dalton take.

“Guys, Colin Cowherd is right!! No drop-off!!”

Dak 4th in the NFL in QBR. Dalton 26th.

They’re both free agents now. Let’s see what their 2021 salaries will be since they’re equally effective.

I’m sure Dak won’t make MUCH, MUCH more than Dalton again, right? Someone will break the bank for Mr. Capable!!!

Who cares about numbers lolllllll..

We’re trying to win real football games and not you’re fantasy football league. :lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
Who cares about numbers lolllllll..

We’re trying to win real football games and not you’re fantasy football league. :lmao2:
Since you can’t properly differentiate “your” from “you’re,” perhaps it’s best to let the grown-ups handle football discussions?

Pssst... Dak’s career stats AND win/loss record put Dalton’s to shame. Keep embarrassing yourself.

Tarred and feathered.
:thumbup:

Brax

Reaction score
Naw you said that Goff took them to the Super Bowl so if that’s the case they could’ve cut some guys they don’t need. I mean clearly they don’t need Aaron Donald because Goff is the one who got them to the Super Bowl.
Stop with the spin (as usual). Did Goff start the SB at QB or Aaron Donald? How many SB's has Dak started in fact how many championship games at that? The difference is some people understand you can't just "cut" some guys to pay elite $ for average play when the contract was a mistake. You have this hang up with Dak for some reason known only to you that isn't based on anything he has accomplished the last 5 seasons and have no problem making the same mistake other teams make with QB's. We already have players making elite money that were signed to hide all Daks warts and folks like you complain about the Defense, guess what the Rams said I'll pay the D guys and take a very good QB at lower numbers and try and win a SB or two and are will to trade to accomplish that end . Pay Dak elite money and the team is hamstrung contrary to those who say just draft that Defense up. Lets pay elite $ to that 8th or 9th alternate to the pro bowl a few years ago he deserves it. After Dak is paid don't come around whining again about the D or the Coaching or Jerry or Stephen or your plethora of excuses of why the great Dak has failed yet again.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Has anyone ever been more wrong about anything? In the history of the world?

ONLY FIVE NFL TEAMS don’t have good QBs????????
What he said was so dumb I had to sit back and think was he being sarcastic or attempting to troll me. Dak is the only good quarterback in the NFC East and that's at least 3 teams with crappy quarterbacks.....but I'm suppose to believe that only 5 teams don't have good QB's? Insane to even utter such a lie lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Huh? There are 25 plus good QBs? That’s news to me.....

There is a tier of QBs that go as their team goes. About 20 of them that are non difference making QBs that don’t carry their team.

Some of them play on bad teams so they are viewed as not very good but if someone higher in the tier swapped with them they would be viewed as worse..

Like for example.. Say a Ryan Tannehill, a bust, goes to a competent team like the Titans then suddenly he is viewed as a upper tier player.

Most of these guys are only as good as the team around them. Dak fits in that category.

You send Dak to the Jets and they still suck.. You send him to the Browns and they are about the same.

Just like the Cowboys with Andy Dalton.. He and Dak still win at about the same rate when all things are equal.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There is a tier of QBs that go as their team goes. About 20 of them that are non difference making QBs that don’t carry their team.

Some of them play on bad teams so they are viewed as not very good but if someone higher in the tier swapped with them they would be viewed as worse..

Like for example.. Say a Ryan Tannehill, a bust, goes to a competent team like the Titans then suddenly he is viewed as a upper tier player.

Most of these guys are only as good as the team around them. Dak fits in that category.

You send Dak to the Jets and they still suck.. You send him to the Browns and they are about the same.

Just like the Cowboys with Andy Dalton.. He and Dak still win at about the same rate when all things are equal.

If you send Patrick Mahomes to the Jets they would still suck what exactly are you saying here lol? I get what you are trying to say its just not true. And maybe you are stepping back from what you initially said but there's a big difference between Dak Prescott and Daniels Jones. There just is. There's about 3 great quarterbacks and then you have about 10 other good ones....everyone after that is either still too young to determine how good they are or they are bad.