Twitter: DC's David Helman puts the 2016 QBs Draft Class into perspective

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stop with the spin (as usual). Did Goff start the SB at QB or Aaron Donald? How many SB's has Dak started in fact how many championship games at that? The difference is some people understand you can't just "cut" some guys to pay elite $ for average play when the contract was a mistake. You have this hang up with Dak for some reason known only to you that isn't based on anything he has accomplished the last 5 seasons and have no problem making the same mistake other teams make with QB's. We already have players making elite money that were signed to hide all Daks warts and folks like you complain about the Defense, guess what the Rams said I'll pay the D guys and take a very good QB at lower numbers and try and win a SB or two and are will to trade to accomplish that end . Pay Dak elite money and the team is hamstrung contrary to those who say just draft that Defense up. Lets pay elite $ to that 8th or 9th alternate to the pro bowl a few years ago he deserves it. After Dak is paid don't come around whining again about the D or the Coaching or Jerry or Stephen or your plethora of excuses of why the great Dak has failed yet again.

No, you are trying to spend this as if Goff was the reason why the Rams made the Super Bowl and he was not. As a matter of fact he's been sucking ever since before that playoff run. December of that year. He's never been the same again sense.

Like I've told plenty of others if your argument is that the Cowboys are better suited to win with a rookie QB....that's a fair argument. If you don't want to pay him elite money that's a fair argument. But how you guys go about it is moronic and borderline lunacy. You will sit here and argue that he Cowboys can't win with Dak bt in the same sentence will hype up winning with Matthew Stafford.

I will whine about whatever the hell I want to whine about....so because they paid Dak gives them the right to suck and not put a good team around him? This is what I mean about moronic and lunacy.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There is a tier of QBs that go as their team goes. About 20 of them that are non difference making QBs that don’t carry their team.

Some of them play on bad teams so they are viewed as not very good but if someone higher in the tier swapped with them they would be viewed as worse..

Like for example.. Say a Ryan Tannehill, a bust, goes to a competent team like the Titans then suddenly he is viewed as a upper tier player.

Most of these guys are only as good as the team around them. Dak fits in that category.

You send Dak to the Jets and they still suck.. You send him to the Browns and they are about the same.

Just like the Cowboys with Andy Dalton.. He and Dak still win at about the same rate when all things are equal.

What you said has some truth in it but like nothing else in the NFL is completely black or white (not racially intended). If what you said about the QB's that carry a team is written in stone then there would be several unbeaten teams every year and wee both know that happens so so so very very rarely that a team goes undefeated. Even the best QB's have bad games and some have actually had bad parts or an entire bad season. Some of those top QB's had an important player out with an injury and they lost a game. In other words those top QB's also enjoy having good teams around them So when Prescott hasn't had a top 10 defense and has had a receiver that lead the league in drops one year and then another year the Cowboys receiving corp as a whole led the league in drops and for the most part special teams weren't there or last season with no starters on the offensive line but unlike what you consider top QB's lose some games and as you admitted would probably not make much difference in Dallas, then why is it that you don't apply the same logic with Prescott and the team around him?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you send Patrick Mahomes to the Jets they would still suck what exactly are you saying here lol? I get what you are trying to say its just not true. And maybe you are stepping back from what you initially said but there's a big difference between Dak Prescott and Daniels Jones. There just is. There's about 3 great quarterbacks and then you have about 10 other good ones....everyone after that is either still too young to determine how good they are or they are bad.

No..

Jets would be really good the moment Mahomes walks through the door.

He’s not the type of QB I’m talking about.. He’s truly elite and worth every penny because not only is he elite he already has a ring. So pay him.. You’ve reached the ultimate goal already.

Dallas.. We suck with Dak.. Now we’re going to pay him like he is Mahomes and ask him to carry a team that has holes everywhere. We will be mediocre at best and slam any door to a championship shut.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No..

Jets would be really good the moment Mahomes walks through the door.

He’s not the type of QB I’m talking about.. He’s truly elite and worth every penny because not only is he elite he already has a ring. So pay him.. You’ve reached the ultimate goal already.

Dallas.. We suck with Dak.. Now we’re going to pay him like he is Mahomes and ask him to carry a team that has holes everywhere. We will be mediocre at best and slam any door to a championship shut.

You have no idea what Mahomes would be with the Jets. This is a opinion just like mine is a opinion the Jets would suck. When has a bad team ever had a great QB and been good? Please give me an example of that. Chiefs are a great team even if you take off Mahomes. They were a playoff team without Mahomes lol.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Carson has not won an MVP. Was I sleep or something? He was close but unless playing horse shoes, close will not cut it especially if your opponent is throwing dead ringers.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Why do you guys keep saying Goff got them to the Super Bowl? If this was true they wouldn’t have traded him lol. And anyone who said Wentz took them to the Super Bowl isn’t paying attention.....
Why you acting like he didn't play? Don't care if they ran the wishbone and he just handed the ball off.

You read what I said about Wentz.

Brax

Reaction score
No, you are trying to spend this as if Goff was the reason why the Rams made the Super Bowl and he was not. As a matter of fact he's been sucking ever since before that playoff run. December of that year. He's never been the same again sense.

Like I've told plenty of others if your argument is that the Cowboys are better suited to win with a rookie QB....that's a fair argument. If you don't want to pay him elite money that's a fair argument. But how you guys go about it is moronic and borderline lunacy. You will sit here and argue that he Cowboys can't win with Dak bt in the same sentence will hype up winning with Matthew Stafford.

I will whine about whatever the hell I want to whine about....so because they paid Dak gives them the right to suck and not put a good team around him? This is what I mean about moronic and lunacy.
Yep, as I figured, there you go again off the track and avoiding the fact he has not done anything to earn the elite money, ignore the fact that those are killer type contracts as everyone is seeing. As for Mathew Stafford looks like one of the better coaches thinks he's good, but we will listen to your sorry evaluation. Talk about moronic idiocy , that's a Dak guy like you, pay him no matter the damage to the team then whine some more like a baby about everything else. By the way never said can win with him , that's your sad twist again, they won't win with him at that elite money that to you isn't 38-40 million that you claim is just the market, go ahead and whine some more you are really good it. Just remember Dak 5 years of jack crap, yeah pay the man and you talk about moronic and lunacy, your are one off the leaders . I hope you enjoy watching Dak in the SB this year he did such a great job at 32 million.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I said after he was drafted and every day since that Dak was the best QB in that 2016 draft class.

Give this man a healthy line and a decent defense PLEASE.
And a new agent. He’ll be out of Dallas unless he does.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Where do you guys get this accuracy thing? Dak's career completion percentage is 66, while Goff's is 63
So, are some fans wanting Dak to get this massive deal because he can actually be a difference maker like Mahomes, or is it only because they like him?

This isn't a popularity contest. Dak is a decent QB, but its highly unlikely he is playing in the super bowl next week if he were on KC's roster instead of Mahomes. Dak just doesn't have that kind of talent and can't take the game over like Mahomes does.

If I'm paying a QB I'm paying him because I have confidence he can get me to the championship level and Dak just isn't that person. Jerry is only interested in staying relevant and interesting, and that is exactly what he is going to get by giving in to Dak's demands.
no one is mahomes. SO NO. But he can lead them where we need to be. Dak has some of that IT factor to him. Its much more about his intangibles than simply liking him. That last part is just absurd. Dak raises the level of the entire team. Its a belief they have in him. But not on the Mahomes level.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I dunno. Brissett deserves another look. If we didnt have GG I wouldn't mind him for a back up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why you acting like he didn't play? Don't care if they ran the wishbone and he just handed the ball off.

You read what I said about Wentz.

Because he didn't "lead" anything. If you want to say he was the quarterback of a team that got to the Super Bowl then ok. But he literally played some of his worst football on his way to that Super Bowl. Its like giving Big Ben credit for the 1st Super Bowl. NO one does.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep, as I figured, there you go again off the track and avoiding the fact he has not done anything to earn the elite money, ignore the fact that those are killer type contracts as everyone is seeing. As for Mathew Stafford looks like one of the better coaches thinks he's good, but we will listen to your sorry evaluation. Talk about moronic idiocy , that's a Dak guy like you, pay him no matter the damage to the team then whine some more like a baby about everything else. By the way never said can win with him , that's your sad twist again, they won't win with him at that elite money that to you isn't 38-40 million that you claim is just the market, go ahead and whine some more you are really good it. Just remember Dak 5 years of jack crap, yeah pay the man and you talk about moronic and lunacy, your are one off the leaders . I hope you enjoy watching Dak in the SB this year he did such a great job at 32 million.

I was told the reason why Rams favored Stafford was because he had a more favorable contract. Not because he's that much better than Goff. Hell at this point they'd probably rather have Andy Dalton at his contract than Goff.

All this other stuff you're spewing you are just rambling and taking your frustrations out on me. I have never said I wanted to pay Dak big time money. This goes back to the lunacy I'm talking about......Dak at 32 million got hurt genius. You have to be a Eagles fan that's the only thing that can explain such behavior from a poster like you.The only thing.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I remember thinking it wasn't a very strong class of QBs. Goff looked like the best of the bunch with question marks on Wentz and Lynch. I was intrigued by Hackenberg and Cook as a backup to Romo. Glad it worked out how it did.

Imagine that the Cowboys stumbled into the best QB in that draft.

Brax

Reaction score
I was told the reason why Rams favored Stafford was because he had a more favorable contract. Not because he's that much better than Goff. Hell at this point they'd probably rather have Andy Dalton at his contract than Goff.

All this other stuff you're spewing you are just rambling and taking your frustrations out on me. I have never said I wanted to pay Dak big time money. This goes back to the lunacy I'm talking about......Dak at 32 million got hurt genius. You have to be a Eagles fan that's the only thing that can explain such behavior from a poster like you.The only thing.
So now you don't want to pay him big money, we agree. Rams do favor Stafford because he is equal to or better in their eyes as I said and he saves dollars, not spewing or rambling. At least it appears that now Dak isn't worth that mega contract you advocated for, good for you have seen the light and come in from the wilderness. Have a nice night.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Because he didn't "lead" anything. If you want to say he was the quarterback of a team that got to the Super Bowl then ok. But he literally played some of his worst football on his way to that Super Bowl. Its like giving Big Ben credit for the 1st Super Bowl. NO one does.
LOL yeah that's what I'm saying.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So now you don't want to pay him big money, we agree. Rams do favor Stafford because he is equal to or better in their eyes as I said and he saves dollars, not spewing or rambling. At least it appears that now Dak isn't worth that mega contract you advocated for, good for you have seen the light and come in from the wilderness. Have a nice night.
I never said I wanted to pay him big money. I’m not one of these guys that argue against the inevitable. I’ve been a Cowboy fan too long to think Jerry is gonna stop being Jerry or Stephen for that matter. I’m telling you what will happen. If it doesn’t I’ll be the first to say I’m wrong. I was wrong on Stafford being traded for. I could be wrong again but I can’t ignore Jerry’s past and create this future that doesn’t exist.