DE Jason Jones cut by MIA

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
At this point, it might be too late to bring someone in and hope they can gel with the team. Might as well roll with Mayowa, the Crawford brothers, Irving and maybe Lawrence at DE.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
So what is our D-line as it currently stands?

RDE - Mayowa, J. Crawford
3DT - Collins, T. Crawford
1DT - McClain, Thornton
LDE - Irving, Lawrence

Not bad if all 8 of those guys are healthy and active. Otherwise, we could be very weak at DE with the losses of Gregory and Lawrence presumably.

Richard Ash

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
For those that do not know this, Playoff teams can only make 4 moves and I believe max 2 per week.

_sturt_

Reaction score
At this point, it might be too late to bring someone in and hope they can gel with the team. Might as well roll with Mayowa, the Crawford brothers, Irving and maybe Lawrence at DE.

hmmmm... dunno bout that... too late?... if it's not too late to bring in a new OL (Cooper), I sure can't understand it being too late to bring in a new DL guy.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
We've signed enough guys who are here just to practice, not to be active in our playoff run. We have enough Dlinemen without picking up some other teams reject, just cut when they have a playoff game. We are NOT that desperate, and what message does that send to your own guys who have worked their behinds off all year. DLaw, Mayowa, Irving, Crawford(s), Davis....and at tackle....McClain, Collins, Thornton, irving, and Crawford(s)....we are in good enough shape. Remember, rotations tend to shrink in the playoffs anyway.
It sends the message that nobody's spot is guaranteed? And this is a performance business? And that if we were set at RDE we wouldn't be bummed that a guy with 1 career sack in 2 years was just suspended for the year?

Maybe that type of message?

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Exactly. They also benched Mario Williams

Has he just fallen off a cliff? I wouldn't mind signing him on the cheap if we could in the off-season.

Decided to read about it and apparently they benched Williams to prevent serious injury because they'd be on the hook 10.5 next season as they plan to cut him. They said he wasn't good in the first 5 games of the season then mostly was injured after.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Work him out and if he looks good just do another Cooper deal. There's a spot open now with Gregory suspended or he can replace the great "Richard Ash" on the roster...no big loss there.

He's 6-5 278...not 6-3

cej757

Reaction score
Cowboys brought him in during free agency but didn't sign him. Should they sign him now since our D -Line is a little banged up?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys brought him in during free agency but didn't sign him. Should they sign him now since our D -Line is a little banged up?
It never hurts to give this type of player a workout. He is not a high sack numbers guy but I remember him having a good game against the Cowboys a few years ago.

On the flip side Miami is in the playoffs and just cut him.

He was suspended two games this season for substance abuse.

RandyOh

Reaction score
why not. he has the size to play both Right and Left end. We are gonna need the depth.

Knotamus

Reaction score
I see the Dolphins have released DE Jason Jones today. I remember his name being thrown around during the offseason as a possible rotation guy and Dallas had some interest. At 6'5" 275lbs, he could be insurance to our ever evolving DE spot. Should the Boys show any interest?

CCBoy

Reaction score
I see the Dolphins have released DE Jason Jones today. I remember his name being thrown around during the offseason as a possible rotation guy and Dallas had some interest. At 6'5" 275lbs, he could be insurance to our ever evolving DE spot. Should the Boys show any interest?

Put him on the practice squad...

RGKnee

Reaction score
I think we'll try to get secondary insurance with their available post season moves. I think with Crawford and Lawrence coming back we'll be fine on our d line IF we stay healthy.

I'd be fine if they took Jones in the offseason.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
he chose to go to Miami over DAL and PIT, called it a "gut feeling" (haha).

I read that he was told he wouldn't play (or start) and he asked to be released and they obliged.

Losing Gregory and with Lawrence still having back issues...at worst in Dallas he'd provide vet depth at DE for the rotation and would have a week to prepare.