Twitter: DE Marshawn Kneeland wants to be Defensive Rookie of the Year

CWR

Reaction score
Oh lord it's great to have goals and aspirations but go play football, have fun, and be able to handle all of the things that comes with being a cowboys player :facepalm:
Asked and answered, it's not like he's spouting off. He has goals, as he should. Maybe it's best he keep them to himself, but I have zero problems with the guy putting it on record.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He is the starter? when did this happen?
He'll be at one of the end spots on run downs when Micah is at linebacker. Don't know if we plan to play him inside on passing downs when Micah is at end. Hard to gauge it since we did not play the starters at all during the preseason, except the rookies/young players, of course.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People crapped on Micah for saying he wanted to be the DPOY. Saying he should be looking to win the Super Bowl. Will this guy get the same treatment?
As soon as he makes a bad play, which all rookies do, some here will latch on to that and ride it until he’s no longer here.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because that's all they think about and takes over the overall goal of winning the game. It was funny seeing Micah want to play in blow-out games to pad his stats. More stats=more money!
You hate on every player these days. You’ve turned into one of them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So does every other rookie, but that means nothing at this point. Let's see something on the field first.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is about Marshawn, not Micah... You don't know one way or the other how Marshawn will react in a blow out game. But having personal goals doesn't take anything away from the overall goal of winning.
He is just saying that because Micah lives rent free in his head

reddyuta

Reaction score
He needs to learn to get off the Tackle quickly to affect the pass,i am sure he will get way better as his career progresses.

Scotman

Reaction score
Go get'em!!!!!!!!! I'd love to see it.

Loved that draft pick even though many went WHO? after his name was called.
Count me among those that had never heard of him and didn't like the pick as a result. But, I also am cheering hard for him to prove himself. I hope he ends up DROY.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Anyone who went "who" didnt follow along during draft season. He was a possible 2nd round pick
I didn't think we'd take an end in the second round, though. Turns out that it was a good move considering Williams' injury. I just thought with Williams, Parsons and Lawrence that it would be less of a priority than center or running back.

But I will say, not everyone follows the draft closely enough to pay much attention to a small-school defensive end. I mean, he's from Western Michigan.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Super bowl is the default team goal..

But these guys should have also personals goals. Sacks, fumbles, TFL,

Not sure why that bothers some people.
Because seem people just love to be critical. All players should have personal goals in addition to the team goals. A goal that drives and motivates them. The goal could be as simple as making the practice squad or making the 53 man roster.