Twitter: DE Marshawn Kneeland wants to be Defensive Rookie of the Year

fivetwos

Reaction score
Well since the HOF busts for Guyton and Beebe are already being crafted, I suppose they had one helluva draft.

Sign Prescott, have another great draft next year, and guess what? You’re again within a small window to win.

That would be arguably the third or fourth of its kind under Prescott. Hopefully they finally learned what to do with that opportunity, although doubtful.

Instead of pushing to get over the top when the time is right Stephen is more concerned about saving pennies to keep guys that aren’t free agent for years. Great idea for business, not for trying to win in todays NFL when you’re competing against teams that are in full win now mode.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Obviously, Kneeland isn’t the odd’s on favorite to win DROTY (in part because he won’t get a ton of snaps) but he has a chance because he’s so physical, has great football instincts/eyes for the ball, and always goes 100 mph.

Rarely do you see rookie defenders as good as he is at always knowing where the ball is. He’s always watching the ball, even when hand-fighting with the OL. That is what jumped out to me when I started watching him play. He’s great with his eyes. Most young guys don’t/can’t do that, and frankly many DL never do. They tend to get caught up in their individual battle and while doing their job, they kind of lose track of things around them. Kneeland just has a great understanding of football and what the DL is trying to do.

Just because he has a high football IQ and always knows where the ball is, doesn’t mean that he will be great… but all of the DL who have been great, have those two things as well.

It will be very interesting to watch his play this year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It would be refreshing to hear a player say one of their goals is winning a Super Bowl.

DanA

Reaction score
If he plays 600 snaps I’d be happy. DROY seems a bit elevated for a guy that’s probably a rotational player.