News: DE Randy Gregory reinstated

DiResta

Reaction score
repost!
but i dont care

Vander Esch vs Randy Gregory (just for fun)

Vander Esch 6'4"
Randy Gregory 6' 4 7/8"

Vander Esch 256lbs
Randy Gregory 235lbs

Vander Esch 34" arms
Randy Gregory 34" arms

Vander Esch 4.65 40
Randy Gregory 4.64 40

Vander Esch 20 reps
Randy Gregory 24 reps

Vander Esch 9 3/4" hands
Randy Gregory 10" hands

Vander Esch 39.5" vert
Randy Gregory 36.5" vert pro day

Vander Esch 10' 4" jump
Randy Gregory 10' 5" broad jump

Vander Esch 4.15 20 yard shuttle
Randy Gregory 4.23 20 yard shuttle pro day

Vander Esch 6.88 3 cone
Randy Gregory 6.80 3 cone pro day

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/question-for-lve-fans.400014/page-3#post-8035961

millennial_legend

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited about this Dline.
I'd be even more giddy if Terrell McClain had signed here like what was reported.

Tank, McClain, Irving, and Gregory on passing down......... Gahhhhh
Tank, Irving, Charlton/Crawford, Gregory. Will be the likely preferred 4 on pass downs.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gregory has stayed thirsty for action this whole time off. Practiced, trained, gained weight, stayed focus...

you haters

i hope he PROVES YOU WRONG

I always have to read this nonsense in every thread so I'll say it again

I HOPE HE PROVES YOU HATERS WRONG
I'm with you on this... I have very high hopes that RG not only maintains his sobriety, but is an integral part of the Cowboys this year and in the future.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jihad Ward ain't nothing, you obviously don't know Ward. Get to know him and you will be less concerned about our DT position.

We're still very light going into the season. Brian Price as our #3 for the first 4 games? Ugh. And that's assuming Collins gets healthy and remains so, and Ward remains healthy too.

We really should be signing a 1tech to upgrade the DT rotation.

JustChip

Reaction score
Gregory has been working his tail off with personal trainers and coaches for the better part of the last year, to my best recoceltion as i can find across the web.

Taco, tho I do like him and think he has a little Ellis in him, in his wettest dreams doesn't have the upside or talent of Gregory.
Wasn’t one of the pre-draft notes on Taco that he had could play inside as well?

Kaiser

Reaction score
I don't get the reaction to this. The team isn't depending on Gregory, he has Top 10 talent and can easily fit into a situational pass rusher role. He might have more physical talent for that role than any non-starter in the NFL.

Think about a rotation with run downs of DLaw-Irving-Colling-Crawford

and passing downs (as mentioned before) of DLaw-Irving-Taco-Gregory. And you still have Armstrong, Jihad Ward and maybe Tapper rotating in.

This is a good thing people, rejoice.

Sydla

Reaction score
They've got decidedly better options in the nickel now than they did with Hayden. And McClain was pretty dang good, so yes, play him as often as possible. Besides, I bet they use some 3-3-5 in the nickel this season with LVE and Jaylon and Lee on the field together. With Collins and Irving rotating at the interior DL in the alignment it could work.

You can say whatever you want but the numbers don’t back up your claims. The 1 Tech in this defense is not a just first down player.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
He's gotten his 2nd chance hopefully he can take full advantage of it, he's still a very young guy so lots of playing time left for him if he keeps himself off the weed. It will be great for us and the team and our D if he can, i wish him all the best