News: DE Randy Gregory reinstated

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
And yet the numbers say otherwise. Between McClain and Thornton in 2016, our two 1 Techs, they played nearly 75% of all snaps. In 2015, Nick Hayden, yes Nick freaking Hayden, played 55% of all snaps. He played 56% of all snaps in 2014.

So no, the Cowboys do not play a 1 Tech just on first downs.

*** Didn't include 2017 because it had Collins snap counts really high but he split time at the 3 Tech and then moved to the 1 Tech full time when Paea called it quits.
They've got decidedly better options in the nickel now than they did with Hayden. And McClain was pretty dang good, so yes, play him as often as possible. Besides, I bet they use some 3-3-5 in the nickel this season with LVE and Jaylon and Lee on the field together. With Collins and Irving rotating at the interior DL in the alignment it could work.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't disagree, my man. I am admittedly too amped up. I think Taco has Hardy-like ceiling, whereas Randy has VMiller-like ceiling.

I've been a boob in here in several posts, Fuzzy, my brother

You definitely aren't a boob as you put it, Trouty. I'd venture to say you're just a passionate fan and who would have it any other way? ;)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I assume for various reasons that he'll be limited to playing right end in pass rushing situations if he's in shape and good condition. This would allow us to use Crawford and Charlton on run downs (and to spell Lawrence), although I think Crawford needs to be moved back inside with Irving suspended and Collins coming off injury.

With Gregory, we should at least have a three-man end rotation without needing Crawford, and Armstrong, Ealy and Tapper will be trying to make it a four- to five-man rotation.

At tackle, we'd have Crawford, Price, Ward, Datone Jones and Collins.
Appreciate it, Gimme. Always, brother. :star::starspin:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Get everyone healthy and in a group rotation...heck, this Dallas defensive line could both have longevity and be pretty darn good.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You definitely aren't a boob as you put it, Trouty. I'd rather say you're a passionate fan and who would have it any other way? ;)
Thanks, Bully. I am just such a fan of this boy. I have been since day one. Some of you will remember the 25 page threads where I debated 3-4-5 posters about this kid.

It's seemingly coming to fruition, his career, where at one point I even thought he was done.

It's Christmas in July for this Boys fan, Bully :) And for a whole lot of others, for all of you, too! :D

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Furry, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell Irving is cut. With respect, my brother. He offers elite pressure at the 3T when available which will be week 4, on, assuming he doesn't screw up again. He have zero DTs that sniff his jock.

Fair enough, but I think he's certainly on his last chance.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
I assume for various reasons that he'll be limited to playing right end in pass rushing situations if he's in shape and good condition. This would allow us to use Crawford and Charlton on run downs (and to spell Lawrence), although I think Crawford needs to be moved back inside with Irving suspended and Collins coming off injury.

With Gregory, we should at least have a three-man end rotation without needing Crawford, and Armstrong, Ealy and Tapper will be trying to make it a four- to five-man rotation.

At tackle, we'd have Crawford, Price, Ward, Datone Jones and Collins.
Right. Crawford should be playing backup LE (when Lawrence gets a break) and a good chunk of the 3-DT snaps with Irving out.

Crawford should never play RE... ever again.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited about this Dline.
I'd be even more giddy if Terrell McClain had signed here like what was reported.

Tank, McClain, Irving, and Gregory on passing down......... Gahhhhh

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Thanks, Bully. I am just such a fan of this boy. I have been since day one. Some of you will remember the 25 page threads where I debated 3-4-5 posters about this kid.

It's seemingly coming to fruition, his career, where at one point I even thought he was done.

It's Christmas in July for this Boys fan, Bully :) And for a whole lot of others, for all of you, too! :D

Amen -- RG is simply a human being with all the frailties that go with it . . . he's also been blessed with a world of talent. Here's hoping he makes the most of that which he's been blessed with. It's his big chance to make a comeback. May the wind be at his back and his efforts be rewarded! ;)