News: DE Randy Gregory reinstated

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone deserves a 2nd chance....GL kiddo and stay str8 and leave the demons at the door!!!!!

jay94

Reaction score
Most talented DE on our roster, now getting the most out of that is another question, especially being 2 years out of football unrealistic this year.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yep, and it only confirms what I was refuting, that our run defense is just fine. No, it's not because it is a sieve when Lee's not there. A true run stuffing 1T would go a long way to limiting the damage if Lee is not available.
Not only that but we got more athletic at LB. Plus Awuzie and Lewis were great run stoppers as rookies, I expect them to get better.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. Now that he's served a lengthy suspension. Does he get a reset, or another failed test and he's gone for good?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith managed to stay on the field for 16 games last season. Yes, he didn't play well, but he suited up, competed, and did everything that the team asked of him. Nowhere have I said that they should count on him for anything more than what he did a season ago, but I wouldn't bet against him proving me wrong because of his attitude and work ethic.

Randy Gregory has managed to play 14 games across two seasons as a Cowboy. During that time, he wasn't productive, got injured and proved to be completely unreliable. I was against drafting him to begin with, and my thoughts have not changed. I don't think that he will ever be reliable enough to count on. I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm not expecting him to.

They are in no way close to be similar in terms of how to view them.
Smith and Gregory both have a lot to prove to me.

Jipper

Reaction score
I hope he really has gotten his life back on track. I'll be cheering him on.

Me too....although I was listening to ESPN this am and they were saying the oft troubled Randy Gregory was reinstated...and this bothers me.

When I think of troubled I think of behavioral suspensions, abuse, gun charges etc....this guy has had a marijuana issue...

It doesn't say he's a bad guy or troubled just that he can't lay, or couldn't, lay off the pot...nothing says he's a bad locker room guy or disruptor.

I wish they would just call him oft suspended for recreational drugs banned by the league and leave it at that...i feel they are making him to be something he's not.

Note...im not advocating for or against illegal drugs simply saying Randy is getting painted in a very negative light

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Me too....although I was listening to ESPN this am and they were saying the oft troubled Randy Gregory was reinstated...and this bothers me.

When I think of troubled I think of behavioral suspensions, abuse, gun charges etc....this guy has had a marijuana issue...

It doesn't say he's a bad guy or troubled just that he can't lay, or couldn't, lay off the pot...nothing says he's a bad locker room guy or disruptor.

I wish they would just call him oft suspended for recreational drugs banned by the league and leave it at that...i feel they are making him to be something he's not.

Note...im not advocating for or against illegal drugs simply saying Randy is getting painted in a very negative light
ESPN just likes headlines. It's why I don't watch them.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

He didn't have a "weed issue", he was/is an addict.

I get what you're saying, but his addiction is a significant problem that he should have taken more seriously a long time ago.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He didn't have a "weed issue", he was/is an addict.

I get what you're saying, but his addiction is a significant problem that he should have taken more seriously a long time ago.

He would not have been suspended if he was addicted to skittles, being he was addicted to weed was a problem.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Most talented DE on our roster, now getting the most out of that is another question, especially being 2 years out of football unrealistic this year.

He's a professional athlete, and a very intelligent kid at that, so the only thing that he'll initially struggle with is the speed of the game. From my Nebraska buddies, they say that he's been working his butt off in the gym and is in tremendous shape. As most of us are aware, gym work does not equal field success but it surely doesn't hurt. The good news in all of this, from a Cowboy's fan perspective, is that the time away from the physical beating probably added on additional years to his career, and still being a young 25-year old, this isn't a bad thing. He told one of my buddies that his head is finally screwed all the way onto his body and he melted the only wrench that could unscrew it. :p

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
He's a professional athlete, and a very intelligent kid at that, so the only thing that he'll initially struggle with is the speed of the game. From my Nebraska buddies, they say that he's been working his butt off in the gym and is in tremendous shape. As most of us are aware, gym work does not equal field success but it surely doesn't hurt. The good news in all of this, from a Cowboy's fan perspective, is that the time away from the physical beating probably added on additional years to his career, and still being a young 25-year old, this isn't a bad thing. He told one of my buddies that his head is finally screwed all the way onto his body and he melted the only wrench that could unscrew it. :p
From a CowboysZone buddy of mine (@Kaiser), he's also been practicing at Beverly Hills HS

Appreciate the info, BigEasy