Twitter: DE Sam Williams > Randy Gregory

kskboys

Reaction score
Ya I thought it was a stretch too..ha

He is pretty good though...he called Micah a HOF prospect before the draft.
He was a HOF prospect before the draft. Players w/ his tools are beyond rare. And his floor was just a good player. There was no downside.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hey, @kskboys , you remember your old famous Star Trek: The Next Generation gif from the old boards? :D

Oh yeah, people used to play that all the time!!!

That would've been a good one for anyone who didn't absolutely love the Parsons pick. And it's just so stupid when someone screams "No one knew he'd be this good." Pure BS. I knew it, and the scouts knew it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh yeah, people used to play that all the time!!!

That would've been a good one for anyone who didn't absolutely love the Parsons pick. And it's just so stupid when someone screams "No one knew he'd be this good." Pure BS. I knew it, and the scouts knew it.
Amen, brother!
:bow::hammer::hammer:

Ken

Reaction score
He was a HOF prospect before the draft. Players w/ his tools are beyond rare. And his floor was just a good player. There was no downside.
HOF prospects don't go 11th in a draft.

HOF players have gone 11th and lower....but not when they are considered that as a Prospect. If that makes any sense lolFor example, NfL.com hadhim rated a 6.89 (Year 1 Starter).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
the funny thing is my cousins are packers fans... i remember putting on the 11 minute highlight tape of parsons before week 1 last year and telling them he is going to be a MONSTER.

they to this day, are like boy were you right about that kid.

I watched that Cotton Bowl game. Micah was everywhere!!! That game showed the country the BEAST he was going to be. Good thing 11 teams didn't believe enough in him to where he was there waiting for the team he grew up idolizing...the Dallas Cowboys!!!
:starspin:

Cebrin

Reaction score
Cowboys drafted a BEAST in DE Sam Williams this year, and they got lucky he was still available late in the 2nd round with the 56th overall pick. Talk about a steal!

Sam Williams played most of the game tonight, and he was all over the field making plays everywhere. He had 5 total tackles (3 solo), 1 QB sack and caused 14 yards for loss against the Seahawks. He also had so many pressures and was so disruptive whenever he was out on the field, always moving and running towards the ball carrier nonstop. He is light years ahead and so much better than Randy Gregory ever was as a rookie or throughout his time as a Dallas Cowboy.

Can't wait to see Sam Williams teamed up on one edge with Micah Parsons on the other edge this season. They are going to be a menacing pass rushing duo for the Cowboys for many years to come.

He's going to be a monster. If you watch the film you know. Seattle double teamed him 9/10 times. Good luck with doing that when D Law, and Parsons are on the field.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s a little early to making these assertions.

He had a very impressive preseason . Which brings us much hope. Look forward to watching him develop.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont know much he has improved. I mean he had 12.5 sacks in SEC ball last year. Playing wasn't why he lasted to the 2nd round
One thing most fans don’t know about Sam Williams is he’s only been playing football about 6-7 years. He didn’t start playing until he was a soph or junior in HS. In other words, he’s still developing. His ceiling is high.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Tyler needs to stay at Left Guard where he has practiced all summer. Even Michael Irvin said so. Josh Ball showed improvement yesterday. Keep Ball out there, but start looking for a veteran O-Tackle to bring in just in case. Waletzko is not anywhere ready, especially being a rookie with a gimpy shoulder. Jerry needs to snap out of it and start making some phone calls right now before time runs out. The regular season is fast approaching.
Any strategy that starts with "keep Ball out there" is a horrible strategy

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys drafted a BEAST in DE Sam Williams this year, and they got lucky he was still available late in the 2nd round with the 56th overall pick. Talk about a steal!

Sam Williams played most of the game tonight, and he was all over the field making plays everywhere. He had 5 total tackles (3 solo), 1 QB sack and caused 14 yards for loss against the Seahawks. He also had so many pressures and was so disruptive whenever he was out on the field, always moving and running towards the ball carrier nonstop. He is light years ahead and so much better than Randy Gregory ever was as a rookie or throughout his time as a Dallas Cowboy.

Can't wait to see Sam Williams teamed up on one edge with Micah Parsons on the other edge this season. They are going to be a menacing pass rushing duo for the Cowboys for many years to come.

No need for the hyperbole. He was also playing against mostly back-ups and guys who will be cut today.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I agree.

He will be starting by week 4, imo.
I don't think so unless we have an injury. We have a lot of DEs to get snaps and he isn't likely going to be as good as Armstrong against the run year 1, but even if he is we need to maximize our snaps by playing each guy in situations where they are most likely to succeed. His thing this year is going to be rushing the passer I think. As long as he is in the regular rotation on passing downs I'm going to be happy. Keep him fresh and keep him doing what he is best at right now and hopefully get him more and more snaps as the year goes on. Down the road I think he can learn to locate a little better against the run and hold his edge and will indeed be the starter, but with the current makeup of the team I think he is mostly a pass rusher this year unless injury strikes. I'm definitely excited to watch this kid play real games but I think his snap count is going to limit his stats this year, which is fine, we have him for a long time!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
HOF prospects don't go 11th in a draft.

HOF players have gone 11th and lower....but not when they are considered that as a Prospect. If that makes any sense lolFor example, NfL.com hadhim rated a 6.89 (Year 1 Starter).
It doesn't. It was actually very clear that he was/is a HOF prospect. His skills and instincts are freaky, and it was well known.

For some very odd reason, teams fell for the predraft crapp about him. It was well known that he was going to be this good. There was simply no downside to him. I don't know what the NFL.com rating system is based on, but they did a very poor job in this case. If they didn't have him rated as a possible HOF prospect, then they need to change their rating system or scouts or something.